Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

What are these purple things? (And some other stuff)

Ty.

I know the pictures are junk but I tried. What ever they are they appear to be slowly growing? Some of them are more hair like, and others appear to have flat "leaves" 

Thanks for any help. 

Screenshot_20181211-112459_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20181210-142847_Gallery.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here it is again after growing for almost another month. 

Also any ideas on what's growing on the rock below the purple thing? 

20190108_173816.jpg

also any ideas what this guy is? 

20190108_173830.jpg

It’s a type of macro. Donny had the best call, IMO. Geldium. It’s a catch all name for pretty much any red, wirey, turf like algae. Getting a genus and species level identification will prove difficult. It may, or may not be in the Geldium family, but luckily, they all seem to be similar in habit, and control methods. If it were me, I’d focus on removal. Manual removal, with the rock outside the tank, if possible. Spot treat those areas with some h2o2, followed by a dunk in old salt water before returning it to the tank. It may require a few additional treatments, but it should be relatively easy to bring under control.

17 minutes ago, RayWhisperer said:

It’s a type of macro. Donny had the best call, IMO. Geldium. It’s a catch all name for pretty much any red, wirey, turf like algae. Getting a genus and species level identification will prove difficult. It may, or may not be in the Geldium family, but luckily, they all seem to be similar in habit, and control methods. If it were me, I’d focus on removal. Manual removal, with the rock outside the tank, if possible. Spot treat those areas with some h2o2, followed by a dunk in old salt water before returning it to the tank. It may require a few additional treatments, but it should be relatively easy to bring under control.

Is it bad to leave it alone for now?

Depends I have the same stuf in my display and some in each tank I've had sinse it poped up in my first one more than 10 years ago never had an issue myself. I like macros in my display.  When managed they can be quite nice but in a system overburdened with nutrients it can spread and  become a problem. Mine were never a problem but they over grew another tank in 2 years when someone grew out a frag of mine. They can over grow corals. Its best to keep them in there own corner on on there own rock with frequent pruning if you keep it. I like that they help export some nutreants from the tank when pruned and I just like the way they look.

Keep a close eye on it it can start to spread usualy u will see the ilttle bump first like in your first pic a scalple or razer can be use to scrape it off prety well but if it keeps spreading u may have to do what ray said to get rid of it or boil the rock. It all depends on the tank what is good in one may not do well in another or it can take over. Get rid of the glass anemone asap they are baaaaaadddd! I super glue over mine when i had some. Also they can walk so watch it near that acan. Never just scrape them off they can come back from bits left in the tank then you end up with more.