Innovative Marine Aquariums

If_Only

So I've narrowed down my potential AIO's to start back up again with and I have a moderate budget and I would like to get good equipment but can afford the great stuff (like a MP-10). I really like the USA current E-Flux 660 Because its controllable and I've heard pretty good reviews. Im basically wondering if I could provide all my flow in my nuvo 30l with one Current USA Eflux wave maker and the stock return pump. I will be keeping corals that prefer low to moderate flow. Thoughts??

hedgeclipper2

For what its worth: I upgraded the stock pump (crazy loud) to a Sicce Syncra 1.5, I have an MP10QD on Reef Crest Mode pushing about 60% on the right side of the tank, and a Hydro Koralia Nano 425 on the back left side to keep that side flowing around a rather large rock.  

The MP10 already barely reaches the left side of the tank, it is a quite long tank.

I would recommend adding at least one more method of flow.

Edit to add: I only keep softies and LPS, and I still feel like I could use even a tiny bit more flow.

I'd upgrade the return pump to something like the 500gph IM mighty jet, and probably add two powerheads of around 1000-1500gph max capacity. 

In my nuvo ten I have the 300gph mighty jet return and an aqamai kps that I run wave and pulse up to 100%. So max capacity my turn over is 130x. 

I do have sps, but it's mixed with Lps as well as softies and they all get plenty of flow and are happy. 

One thing I've quickly learned is flow is truly the most important aspect. It allows corals to intake nutrients and export waste. Even so called low flow animals benefit from as much flow as possible. As long as you're not blasting corals directly and physically damaging the coral, and the water stays in the tank, you really can't have too much. Within reason. 

• Like 1

I'm running 2 MP10s on the 30l.  Also swapped out the stock pump for a Jabeo DC pump.  Put a couple of spin streams on the returns.  Have mostly SPS and running the MP10s at about 60%.  I would have one on each side and ideally something that is adjustable so you can increase flow aa your corals grow.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, hedgeclipper2 said:

For what its worth: I upgraded the stock pump (crazy loud) to a Sicce Syncra 1.5, I have an MP10QD on Reef Crest Mode pushing about 60% on the right side of the tank, and a Hydro Koralia Nano 425 on the back left side to keep that side flowing around a rather large rock.  

The MP10 already barely reaches the left side of the tank, it is a quite long tank.

I would recommend adding at least one more method of flow.

Edit to add: I only keep softies and LPS, and I still feel like I could use even a tiny bit more flow.

3 hours ago, DreC80 said:

I'm running 2 MP10s on the 30l.  Also swapped out the stock pump for a Jabeo DC pump.  Put a couple of spin streams on the returns.  Have mostly SPS and running the MP10s at about 60%.  I would have one on each side and ideally something that is adjustable so you can increase flow aa your corals grow.

Ok so what I'm hearing is I should probably upgrade my return, I might just run like three koralias, or 2 elfux's, what ever budget allows, also whats a good budget return (that would need modifications to fit the tank and will be an easy install). Thanks you for the replies.