inTank Media Baskets

The Faraway tank

TheCauldrenKeeper

TheCauldrenKeeper

You've all seen the micro tanks posted, I couldn't resist 🙂

Got one cycling now, although probably not much to cycle.

I intend to use it as a staging tank at home so that I can buy from LFS near my there rather than just those around work, its a 40 mile commute.

I might be able to hide from the wife 🙂

I went for white with blue lights, off in the picture. 

The stock heater seems to get a bit hot, 30C (86F) so need to look into a controller or a different heater.

Might keep some permannet items in there such as Zoas

IMG_20181207_160239138.jpg

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, TheCauldrenKeeper said:

You've all seen the micro tanks posted, I couldn't resist 🙂

Got one cycling now, although probably not much to cycle.

I intend to use it as a staging tank at home so that I can buy from LFS near my there rather than just those around work, its a 40 mile commute.

I might be able to hide from the wife 🙂

I went for white with blue lights, off in the picture. 

The stock heater seems to get a bit hot, 30C (86F) so need to look into a controller or a different heater.

Might keep some permannet items in there such as Zoas

IMG_20181207_160239138.jpg

Very cute!  🙂

I still haven’t got mine ready to go yet with saltwater.  

15 minutes ago, TheCauldrenKeeper said:

Using some dirty water from The Cauldren to see if things will get started.

Might need to think about flow though.

Did you see what @jbb_00 used? I’m going to do the same thing I just haven’t had time.  I tagged you in the other thread. 

TheCauldrenKeeper

WV Reefer: Yes the tube looks a possibility, might just 3d print a deflector though so it slides in where the grill goes and angles the flow down a bit

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TheCauldrenKeeper said:

WV Reefer: Yes the tube looks a possibility, might just 3d print a deflector though so it slides in where the grill goes and angles the flow down a bit

I will be switching the black tube out for a piece of rigid tubing to make it look better, but the difference in flow was well worth it . 

• Like 2

I like the idea of using it to transition coral over time and distance - like a really hi-tech baggie lol. It would absolutely be useful to back-stock select zoas, at the same time. I wouldn't worry about your wife; I would use simple psychology here. Put it in a really obvious spot; that thing is so inconspicuous, that most people won't be able to isolate it while moving through their common surroundings. Looking forward to this one!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TheCauldrenKeeper said:

I've tried with a bendy drinking  straw, seems to work

I ended up using a piece of airline tubing with an airline elbow as the nozzle.  Works great so far and the flow is perfect now.  

82D8CA38-CE20-47D9-AFD9-C7A431234F43.thumb.jpeg.459171c6f63cd9eecbb013977e719f21.jpegD654F48F-5E70-4022-8D54-6F5D51C16A57.thumb.jpeg.4e95285f128501b3d02c998ec818b6f3.jpeg

• Like 1