Coral Vue Hydros

Coral Beauty a mess

minxitbabe

Disease has struck again for me.  This time in my new 55 set up.   Added 5 fish to the tank right before Thanksgiving as my first fish additions.  Now my coral beauty is having some sort of outbreak.   Attached the best photo I have been able to get so far.  It only wants to give me clear shots at the good side. Left eye is slightly bulged and has a couple cloudy spots, top fins are scraped up and there is a hint of a dime sized spot near the tail.  Picked up some Melafix Marine and was torn between putting the Coral Beauty in QT or dosing the whole tank.  All fish came from the same place at the same time so in theory they could have whatever the Coral Beauty has.  Or do I just treat the Coral Beauty in QT ?  Thinking it rubbed the fins zipping around the rock work allowing an opening for an infection? 

1208181046b.jpg

“Pop-eye” is often a sign of bacterial infection, as are ragged fins. Having said that, the side showing in the pic looks odd too, as if the scales are raised in that middle section. I’d QT the angel and treat it separately, but keep a very close eye on the others. JMHO.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Oldsalt01 said:

I’d QT the angel and treat it separately, but keep a very close eye on the others.

I agree. Erythromycin is an excellent antibiotic to use for an eye infection.

• Like 2