DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Dave's 20g glass box 🎉

I finally ordered my first hanna checker. I ended up getting the alk for now since that is the most important. I'll end up getting the other two at a later on, but it's a start. Also my snail pack and emerald crab are in KY with a delivery date for tomorrow. It'll be nice to have the day off and get some stuff done without the wife home. Hopefully they shipped well :unsure:

• Like 1

Well after a long wait today I'm happy to report the shipment of snails and emerald crab came in with what looks like minimal loss. They say to let them be for a few days. The emerald crab is already going to work on the GHA 😁. Will see how much he can clean up and as a last ditch effort, I'll be trying reef flux.

My Hanna checker should be here next week so looking forward to that.

• Like 3

Not much kinda autopilot..just cleaning algae out every week. I'm hoping that crab starts hitting spots I can't reach. Do they take a couple days to acclimate to the new home? He's found this tiny crevice and hasn't moved since yesterday. I came home from work and he's in the same spot. I see him moving so he's not dead at least.

All the snails I got vanished so not sure what's going on there and they were tiny. A lot smaller than I thought. I saw the nassarius snails out and about last night after lights off.

I think I have quite a few snails that might be dead, not sure though.

• Like 4

So just got back from Harris is wonderland. It's a small reptile store couple towns over and I love it. Had to get reptile food and I figured id grab a couple shots.

IMG_20190113_130734.jpg

IMG_20190113_130730.jpg

IMG_20190113_130723.jpg

• Like 3

Alrighty update...still have algae 🙄.

So I'm running out of salt and I'm about to order some live aquaria salt..anything I should be worried about? Obviously I'm not going to do a huge water change with it, probably the norm of 4 gallon WC.

Also, my emerald crab disappeared...he's most likey in a spot I can't see him so I'll give a couple days and see if he appears.

I'm thinking in the next week maybe weekend I'm going to order reef flux for the algae. I still can't pin point the issue as I've checked every box of advise I see.

Who knows. Alright carry on 😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Alrighty update...still have algae 🙄.

So I'm running out of salt and I'm about to order some live aquaria salt..anything I should be worried about? Obviously I'm not going to do a huge water change with it, probably the norm of 4 gallon WC.

Also, my emerald crab disappeared...he's most likey in a spot I can't see him so I'll give a couple days and see if he appears.

I'm thinking in the next week maybe weekend I'm going to order reef flux for the algae. I still can't pin point the issue as I've checked every box of advise I see.

Who knows. Alright carry on 😀

What kind of food do you use? I can’t remember if you’ve said. 

Just now, WV Reefer said:

What kind of food do you use? I can’t remember if you’ve said. 

Well I use flake food and I've gotten nori sheets. The nori is as of this weekend and I also feed mysis and rotifers. Mysis and rotifers are like every week and half and flakes are varied. Usually two days then off a day. It's only the clownfish, blenny, snails and coral.

I've never been a heavy handed feeder

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions