Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Dave's 20g glass box šŸŽ‰ Water Box 20 IS STILL GOING.......

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Ā 

Thats good to hear! šŸ˜Š

That is some amazing food. If I hadn't seen it for myself I would've never believed it.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
24 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Katie and Joey are holding their own. We know it's just a matter of time. Thanks for asking.

You're very welcome glad everything is going ok for now. My animals are getting up there in age and I don't wanna face the reality that they will go some day. My cats 11th birthday is today. He is mine and Katie's first animal together.

• 1 month later...
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

So this happened today.... Good news the nem seems ok for now. He's moved about 6 inches and is now close to a different RFA. The evil acan is in the front corner of the tank far away from anyone he can be evil too.Ā 

So if anyone is reading this, acan echinata will in fact try and eat your rock flower nem. I think he'll be ok, but i'm going to watch him to make sure he's doing alright. He still has a strong foot hold.Ā 

IMG_20190525_173313.jpg

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Well hello journal, it's been too long. So an update, my algae situation has been decreased but not gone. Turns out that I may have bubble algae, not really sure, but it's small maybe 1-2mm in diameter and it was in like a group sorta like a cluster of eggs. So yeah that sucks. The design of the tank was thrown together when I first started because I didn't know what I was doing. I have hated it for cleaning purposes and it's gotta be a trapĀ of shit that's giving me the algae.Ā 

Ā 

So, here I am with a brand new tank on the way. I ordered a water box 20Ā šŸ˜€. I'm really looking forward to the aquascape now that i'm a little more seasoned when it comes to saltwater. I do have a question for you guys, since i'm going to be transferring everything over from my current tank, I wondered if I should just start with new rock and just use a few pieces of the rock in my tank to seed the new rock. I'm worried if I used the rock out of this tank i'm just going to be starting all over with battling algae. I though about scrubbing the hell out of the rocks I have. What do you guys think, can I get away with using new dry rock and a couple pieces out of my existing and only having a small cycle? I wonder if i'd have any cycle if i'm using new sand (which is going to be super thin, like 1/2 inch deep because i'm done with that shit trap) and new rock and using some of the rock that is already seasoned.Ā 

Ā 

I'm kinda stuck as to what would be best for the clownfish and the corals. Also, I have so many small snails and I still have no idea how the hell I'm getting all of them out. I want them in the new tank. I'm trying to start a plan of attack before the tank arrives. I want this transfer to happen in a day because I don't want all the inhabitants in bucks for days or weeks (i have cats and a dog that would love to mess with everything).Ā 

Ā 

Well thanks again guys for whatever ideas you have.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
9 minutes ago, spectra said:

You have a tank :whoa:

Ā 

Ā 

Yeah it's been a rough couple months. It's like a sea of shit at the moment. Actually it doesn't look that bad my corals are growing like mad, just some algae here and there. There is algae in places i just can't get to because of how bad i planned the scape..

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Yeah it's been a rough couple months. It's like a sea of shit at the moment. Actually it doesn't look that bad my corals are growing like mad, just some algae here and there. There is algae in places i just can't get to because of how bad i planned the scape..

Just giving you shit..............figured you just loved to bitch about your job and that was it :haha:

Ā 

Cant wait to see the waterbox its a nice set up for sure............I almost grabbed one but then thought about it...........like I need another tank..............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Just giving you shit..............figured you just loved to bitch about your job and that was it :haha:

Ā 

Cant wait to see the waterbox its a nice set up for sure............I almost grabbed one but then thought about it...........like I need another tank..............

Oh you're all good man I knew you were kidding.

Here is a quick FTS

IMG_20190707_211713.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I added some macros, but they don't look really good right now. I heard they could take a few weeks to bounce back from shipping. As you could see, i've added a shit load of cuc compliments of reef cleaners. I've had them for two weeks now, so they have some work to do. I have no idea how the hell i'm getting all of them out of the tank.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I added some macros, but they don't look really good right now. I heard they could take a few weeks to bounce back from shipping. As you could see, i've added a shit load of cuc compliments of reef cleaners. I've had them for two weeks now, so they have some work to do. I have no idea how the hell i'm getting all of them out of the tank.

Send em my way,I can give em a good home...šŸ˜šŸ˜‚

The waterbox are nice tanks!!

• Haha 2
14 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

My little one likes LRS.............I drop a chunk in and it comes scooting out and runs around.............think is maybe an inche or so long............I think it may go after a few snails but think its work for it...........

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
18 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Shit I'd send them if I can trap them all šŸ˜†

• Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
20 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Yeah this should be really cool. The tank is coming in like a week? Maybe?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Yeah this should be really cool. The tank is coming in like a week? Maybe?

Thats awesome, new tank day is hard to beat.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, spectra said:

My little one likes LRS.............I drop a chunk in and it comes scooting out and runs around.............think is maybe an inche or so long............I think it may go after a few snails but think its work for it...........

Thats whats up. Mantis are so cool to feed,my favorite tank inhabitant I'd say. BTAs are really hard to beat but the mantis are so comical.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Shit I'd send them if I can trap them all šŸ˜†

Wait trap them............just drain the tank and pull them out.................

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 minutes ago, pgrVII said:

Thats awesome, new tank day is hard to beat.

Yeah I can't wait. This is the first new fish tank I have ever bought. I can't wait to have all the equipment hidden in the back Chambers. I'm gonna work on an aqua scape design. It should look much better than my current shitty setup.

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Wait trap them............just drain the tank and pull them out.................

Yeah that's a good point huh šŸ˜‚. There are still a lot of tiny ones.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

How the hell am I gonna get the hundreds of limpets out šŸ¤”. They are all over the place lol. Maybe once the tank is drained down use a scraper and gently scrap them off the glass...

• Like 1
StinkyBunny
20 hours ago, spectra said:

You have a tank :whoa:

Ā 

Ā 

OK Richard.

18 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

How the hell am I gonna get the hundreds of limpets out šŸ¤”. They are all over the place lol. Maybe once the tank is drained down use a scraper and gently scrap them off the glass...

Limpets come off pretty easy. You can push them onto some algae and break the vacuum. Look around and see if you can find some Tonga branch rock. I swear that's the best rock to use. I have 4 tanks set up with mostly Tonga branch and they have the least issues of the 7 tanks I have. There have been rumors of some dry branch coming in, but I'll believe it when I have the boxes sitting on my dock.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

OK Richard.

Limpets come off pretty easy. You can push them onto some algae and break the vacuum. Look around and see if you can find some Tonga branch rock. I swear that's the best rock to use. I have 4 tanks set up with mostly Tonga branch and they have the least issues of the 7 tanks I have. There have been rumors of some dry branch coming in, but I'll believe it when I have the boxes sitting on my dock.

I thought about placing an order of rock from reef cleaners. Or my other thought was to scrub the shit out of the rocks as I take them out of the tank with a toothbrush and hydrogen peroxide. Thing that sucks is some of my rocks have cool sponges on them and don't want them to die causing a spike in ammonia. Things I'm trying to sort out before the new tank gets here.

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
29 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I thought about placing an order of rock from reef cleaners. Or my other thought was to scrub the shit out of the rocks as I take them out of the tank with a toothbrush and hydrogen peroxide. Thing that sucks is some of my rocks have cool sponges on them and don't want them to die causing a spike in ammonia. Things I'm trying to sort out before the new tank gets here.

If itā€™s a sterile tank, why does it matter about the rock if youā€™re moving all the stock from one tank to a new one? Iā€™m confused.Ā 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
9 hours ago, DirtƩ Sanchez said:

If itā€™s a sterile tank, why does it matter about the rock if youā€™re moving all the stock from one tank to a new one? Iā€™m confused.Ā 

So, since I've been having algae issues in this tank some of the rocks are covered in hair algae inĀ spots that I just cant reach. I'm torn as I don't want to add hair algae to the new tank. I tossed around the idea of just kinda starting over with new rock and a few pieces of rock that are already seasoned from this tank. Worst case I just scrub the hell out of the rocks I have and fingers crossed I get no issues.

Will see what happens, new tank will be here on weds, all the salt I ordered from live aquaria should be here Thursday and tank should be getting setup on sunday.

Ā 

• Like 1
ECLS Reefer
3 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

So, since I've been having algae issues in this tank some of the rocks are covered in hair algae inĀ spots that I just cant reach. I'm torn as I don't want to add hair algae to the new tank. I tossed around the idea of just kinda starting over with new rock and a few pieces of rock that are already seasoned from this tank. Worst case I just scrub the hell out of the rocks I have and fingers crossed I get no issues.

Will see what happens, new tank will be here on weds, all the salt I ordered from live aquaria should be here Thursday and tank should be getting setup on sunday.

Ā 

Does your CUC have an emerald crab? Mine has been slowly cutting down all the GHA