Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dave's 20g glass box šŸŽ‰ Water Box 20 IS STILL GOING.......

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

8 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Sorry guys, we are on our way to the pet er, my dog is breathing strange and acting weird and I'm scared and needed to to talk. I'll up date hopefully it's nothing. Tensions are high cause my co workers dog just passed last week and I'm terrified.

Oh no! We've been through more than one doggy hospitalization and it's always so scary. Sending prayers and good vibes for your pup.

• Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, teenyreef said:

Oh no! We've been through more than one doggy hospitalization and it's always so scary. Sending prayers and good vibes for your pup.

Thanks teeny. We just got back from the vet, she was doing what they call a reverse sneeze...thank God for cell phone cameras. They checked her out and she's ok, the reverse sneeze is pretty weird but it super scary if you don't expect it. It actually scares the dog cause this little flap in their throat actually blocks the wind pipe and they can't breathe good. She has a little allergy thing going on because it's been pretty warm this winter so far so dog allergies are more common the lady month she said.

I'm just glad our baby is ok.

We have been to the er a couple times and the last wasn't good ā˜¹ļø.

Ā 

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Thanks teeny. We just got back from the vet, she was doing what they call a reverse sneeze...thank God for cell phone cameras. They checked her out and she's ok, the reverse sneeze is pretty weird but it super scary if you don't expect it. It actually scares the dog cause this little flap in their throat actually blocks the wind pipe and they can't breathe good. She has a little allergy thing going on because it's been pretty warm this winter so far so dog allergies are more common the lady month she said.

Ā 

Wow, I've never heard of that before. Something to add to the list of weird things to watch out for. Glad she's OK!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, vlangel said:

I am glad your dog is ok.Ā  Hopefully she is done with this reverse sneeze stuff!

I hope so šŸ˜..at least now we know what it is so it's not as worrisome. If you YouTube it, it's some scary shit for sure. Scary for the dog too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
48 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ā 

Wahahaha it was just the reverse sneeze!! Kinda funny now that you know.. the first time my weimaraner did that I was freaking out too but a quick Google and I knew what it was.Ā  My dog still does that but to make him stop I will take my palm and rub the crap out of his nose and he stops. It's like he has an itch in there or something.Ā  Ā Sounds gross and weird but works everytime..šŸ˜‚

• Haha 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
8 minutes ago, Weikel said:

Wahahaha it was just the reverse sneeze!! Kinda funny now that you know.. the first time my weimaraner did that I was freaking out too but a quick Google and I knew what it was.Ā  My dog still does that but to make him stop I will take my palm and rub the crap out of his nose and he stops. It's like he has an itch in there or something.Ā  Ā Sounds gross and weird but works everytime..šŸ˜‚

Yeah if it was a quick think I probably wouldn't have worried, but she did it for almost 20 mins and scared the shit out of me.. plus having a friend's dog that died last week didn't help my fears. I figured might as well be safe than sorry. The visit kinda hurt, but it was a piece of mind. They are our kids so I wanted to make sure everything was ok. It's the strangest ####ing noise ever though lol.

Ā 

Edit: the vet said to just distract her next time

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Yeah if it was a quick think I probably wouldn't have worried, but she did it for almost 20 mins and scared the shit out of me.. plus having a friend's dog that died last week didn't help my fears. I figured might as well be safe than sorry. The visit kinda hurt, but it was a piece of mind. They are our kids so I wanted to make sure everything was ok. It's the strangest ####ing noise ever though lol.

Ā 

This is what my dog does but faster and back to back.. its juts annoying now lol.Ā  But the rubbing the nose stops him everytime now lol

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh crap mine does the same thing at times.............I just plug her nose for a few and it stops........

Ā 

Dang sorry to hear the vet trip but now you know DS and glad it was nothing serious.

• Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
6 hours ago, spectra said:

Oh crap mine does the same thing at times.............I just plug her nose for a few and it stops........

Ā 

Dang sorry to hear the vet trip but now you know DS and glad it was nothing serious.

ThanksĀ :smilie:..100 bucks later, but at at least I know she's fine. She's getting old and everything and she does have a small heart murmer....we wanted to make sure it wasn't that because it sounded really bad and the fact it was happening for 20 mins freaked me out. The vet is kinda close to us and they are open 24 hours and they are amazing. Lacy wasn't too thrilled about the thermometer up the butt though lol.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

ThanksĀ :smilie:..100 bucks later, but at at least I know she's fine. She's getting old and everything and she does have a small heart murmer....we wanted to make sure it wasn't that because it sounded really bad and the fact it was happening for 20 mins freaked me out. The vet is kinda close to us and they are open 24 hours and they are amazing. Lacy wasn't too thrilled about the thermometer up the butt though lol.

Yes we just had an eye issue with ours over the holiday......4 or 5 total visits and well each time the dreaded thermometer :whoa: never seen the little frenchie try and bite someone :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
11 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yes we just had an eye issue with ours over the holiday......4 or 5 total visits and well each time the dreaded thermometer :whoa: never seen the little frenchie try and bite someone :lol:

So my wife texted me a little bit ago and told me lacy wouldn't stop the sneeze/cough thing so she brought her to our normal vet. I guess she was sneezing and wheezing pretty bad this morning. She just got back to me to say she is being treated for an upper resperatory infection and we have to give her some benadryl for allergies...good thing we ended up taking her in. I've been a wreck for the last hour.. I guess they can still have clear lung sounds but still have an infection, didn't know that shit.

Ā 

edit: her heart murmur hasn't changed so she's still good on that front

edit again: the er vet did tell us last night that if she still had problems today to have her checked at the normal vet. They looked her over last night to make sure she was safe to come home and that there wasn't anything that would make her die.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ā 

That's what we did for Benny when he'd do that. It scared the ever loving shit out of me the first time he did it. Luckily we have medical personnel here, M's a vet tech and I'm an RN. Still scary when it's your own critters.

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Cichlid tank water change done, plus beer. I sorta feel bad that I'm going to be taking these guys to the lfs. Going to be turning their home to a reef in the coming months.

They have been a part of the family for 4-5years and I think it's gonna be a little sad. Don't mind the damn kitten paw prints, still have to clean the glass.

IMG_20190105_195239.jpg

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
17 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

You're converting tanks to reefs, we're taking them down. I guess equilibrium is in there somewhere.

Yeah if I could find another tank cheap, if keep them. I want more tank, there are things I want and the 20 isn't gonna cut it. I can't wait to see your tanks, you still gonna post them on here?

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I'm trying to figure out if I want to keep that cat shark that's under my hand. I bought that fish a couple years ago only to find out it's a saltwater fish when it hits adulthood. The problem is if I keep it I won't be able to have small things cause he'll eat them. It's such a pretty fish and it's the closest thing to a shark I'll be able to have.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Where's the Cat shark? I no see a shark.

He's on the bottom facing the the camera. Right under the green on the rock. I'll get a better pic hang on

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, StinkyBunny said:

Yep, Colombian catfish, they really need a good bit of salt in their water, like 1.010. But if it's doing good, then it's all good.

I just wish I could keep him in a reef tank. He was an impulse buy. They had him as some misc catfish. I didn't know what it was till about 3 days later when I was looking at pics on Google and then read that it's actually a saltwater fish. He'll be good in the 75 but as for reef safe, I'm pretty sure he's not. I'm not sure what to do with him and I'd love to keep him but I don't know of anyone that has them. I'm gonna research it again and see what I can come up with.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

As long as you don't have small fish or shrimp I don't see why the catfish wouldn't be reef safe. They're gluttonousĀ  scavengers.

My plan for the 75 was minimalist rockwork so I'd have plenty of swim room for him. I was gonna load up the sump with the rest of the rocks. Still not sure if I'm keeping him yet though. That's what pisses me off about fish stores sometimes and it was a shame on me for not researching before I got him. He's still a baby so he's been good with the cichlids up to this point. Cool fish though. Who knows I still have a couple months with him till I decide.

• Like 1