Coral Vue Hydros

Dave's 20g glass box šŸŽ‰ Water Box 20 IS STILL GOING.......

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I'm gonna up my filter floss change to every other day instead of 3-4 days and I'm gonna do a water change same, every other day. I'll figure out what's going on šŸ‘

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, spectra said:

I hate crabs in the tank........I try and get snails only. Crabs seem to kill snails......

You think a bunch of cerths say like 20?? Think they'll clean up all this shit?

Ā 

I think I still want a red mithrax...stinky says they do good plus they are cool as hell

9 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ā 

I think I still want a red mithrax...stinky says they do good plus they are cool as hell

I just run ceriths and the mini ceriths in my tanks. Do have a few small turbo snails and lots of nasarius snails to. I think I may have 2 blue legged hermits as they were castaways or something.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

I just run ceriths and the mini ceriths in my tanks. Do have a few small turbo snails and lots of nasarius snails to. I think I may have 2 blue legged hermits as they were castaways or something.

I only have one nasarius snail. I should beef them up too, Thanks spectraĀ :smilie:. I'll get this right at some point in time lolĀ 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I just ordered a snail pack from aquarium depotĀ :happydance:. I also added an emerald crab because they didn't have any reds. I can't wait to get them in the tank and let them get to work.Ā 

17 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ā 

Hermit crabs are little bastards, especially the ones from Florida. I've never had an issue with the Red Mithrax crabs or the green Mithrax crabs. All mine do is move slowly from algae spot to algae spot.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
8 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Hermit crabs are little bastards, especially the ones from Florida. I've never had an issue with the Red Mithrax crabs or the green Mithrax crabs. All mine do is move slowly from algae spot to algae spot.

I'm excited, I can't wait to get him. They are neat little crabs. I keep reading the acclimation and some say temp float and drop others say temp then drip acclimate for hours...wtf. When I get snails from the lfs I temp acclimate and add a little water for like 20 mins then drop them. What do you do when you get inverts like snails and shit?

2 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'm excited, I can't wait to get him. They are neat little crabs. I keep reading the acclimation and some say temp float and drop others say temp then drip acclimate for hours...wtf. When I get snails from the lfs I temp acclimate and add a little water for like 20 mins then drop them. What do you do when you get inverts like snails and shit?

Chop and drop, chop the bag open and drop them in the tank.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Durning the water change i decided to move my acans to a little shade. I'm hoping that I can get the rainbow colors to come back. If not, then they still look good. They are a little butt hurt from me moving them over, but they'll get over it.

Here are some snaps I did quick along with a little FTS šŸ‘

IMG_20190103_203633.jpg

IMG_20190103_204221_146.jpg

IMG_20190103_204221_148.jpg

IMG_20190103_204221_147.jpg

IMG_20190103_203824.jpg

• Like 4

Looking good! I love the pictures you're getting with the macro lens on your phone.Ā 

Ā 

Did you get the Aqamai app to work? I had all kinds of trouble getting to work on Android on my Galaxy S8. Come to find out when I installed it on my old S7 it worked fine. I had similar problems with the wifi app for my doser which is what made me try it.

Ā 

Also, if you haven't already ordered your snails, reefcleaners.org (a N-R sponsor) is a great vendor with great prices. Everyone that orders from John has been very happy.

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, teenyreef said:

Looking good! I love the pictures you're getting with the macro lens on your phone.Ā 

Ā 

Did you get the Aqamai app to work? I had all kinds of trouble getting to work on Android on my Galaxy S8. Come to find out when I installed it on my old S7 it worked fine. I had similar problems with the wifi app for my doser which is what made me try it.

Ā 

Also, if you haven't already ordered your snails, reefcleaners.org (a N-R sponsor) is a great vendor with great prices. Everyone that orders from John has been very happy.

Thanks teeny šŸ˜€. I love looking at your tank, i hope one day I'll have a tank that's full of life.

Ā 

In regards to the aqamai...my wife got it working in like 5 mins lol. Basically, you have to make sure you phone service is off. Then when you go into wifi click the aqamai and you're done. I actually had done that, but when I realized everything including the wifi had an x next to the wifi symbol i thought it didn't work so I skipped it. Silly me right šŸ™‚.

Aqamai called me today cause I had emailed them about not getting it to work and I told them what happened and they said they might note it so this doesn't happen again.

Ā 

I did order the snails already. I only quickly browsed reef cleaners and decided to try aquarium depot. Just wanted to see how they were. I'm gonna keep reef cleaners in mind when I start up my 75g build soon. This is my first time ordering snails online so I'm kinda wondering how it's gonna turn out.

Ā 

I can't wait for that one. My wife got me a sump for it for Christmas from marine depot and I still have a very nice gift card to use there as well.

Ā 

Thanks for checking out my journal too šŸ™‚

Ā 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Glad you got it working! And I'm looking forward to seeing how your snail order goes.

Me too...however I just looked at reef cleaners and they are a bit cheaper šŸ˜..too many places to choose from. I paid 72 for 50 assorted snails and an emerald. Had free shipping on the package so that was a plus. I think reef cleaners will be where I get the clean up crew next time.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Those two acans, šŸ˜.Ā 

Lol thanks, I love thise guys. Im really digging the lps corals. The 75 is gonna be full of acans šŸ™‚.

Give them a week and I'll snap some more pics šŸ˜. It's hard to find a spot for them that's not getting blasted by light. I noticed that spot was a little shaded by the hammers so I'm hoping they will color up.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Ya gotta fed Acans to make them look their best.

I feed them once every couple weeks...I'm guessing I should up the feeding? I've been taking it easy as I figure out the algae problem. I am trying to pin point what I'm doing wrong. I have a thing of reef roids that I got as a door buster, but I've been nervous on using it. People say it'll drive up the nutrients

i feed mine every other day, but I have a 4x2 Caulerpa tank so nutrients are not an issue in the LPS run. I think I could feed that tank with a shovel and I would be low on nutrients.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

i feed mine every other day, but I have a 4x2 Caulerpa tank so nutrients are not an issue in the LPS run. I think I could feed that tank with a shovel and I would be low on nutrients.

I think I'm gonna try the roids and see what happens. I'm just gonna have to farm some more algae lol.Ā 

1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I think I'm gonna try the roids and see what happens. I'm just gonna have to farm some more algae lol.Ā 

Reef roids has really proven itself great but keep an eye on your Nitrates - I had quite the spike when I first used it. (Might have overdone it)

• Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
26 minutes ago, Daniel91 said:

Reef roids has really proven itself great but keep an eye on your Nitrates - I had quite the spike when I first used it. (Might have overdone it)

Lol yeah that's why I haven't used it yet. I may do half of a 1/4scoop. Just to see how things go.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Acans look much better tonight. My blasto is growing like a weed. I remember when I bought it, it had one head. That was sometime end of May maybe. Now here it is all grown up, haven't counted lately but I'm guessing it has at least 8-9 heads all coming around the sides.

Love my corals šŸ‘

Ok it's beer time, it was a long short week and still have to work in the morning.

IMG_20190104_182616.jpg

IMG_20190104_182526.jpg

IMG_20190104_182514.jpg

IMG_20190104_182507.jpg

IMG_20190104_182448.jpg

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Sorry guys, we are on our way to the pet er, my dog is breathing strange and acting weird and I'm scared and needed to to talk. I'll up date hopefully it's nothing. Tensions are high cause my co workers dog just passed last week and I'm terrified.

• Wow 1