ReefCleaners.org

Dave's 20g glass box 🎉 Water Box 20 IS STILL GOING.......

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
6 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I still have a pile of styrofoam crumbs in the basement since Tuesday.  my wife thought the cat attacked the foam boards and shredded them up.

Well shit, you did a great job with it 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

So I figured I posted an update!!

Here are my blasto and favia that I got last may. First pick is the very first day I put them in the tank... The next two are from tonight. That blasto has somewhere around 10-12 heads. 😁

The new arrivals are looking awesome tonight. Love them and can't wait to see them grow up 😍

IMG_20191018_210853_847.jpg

IMG_20191018_210853_846.jpg

IMG_20191018_205933_01.jpg

IMG_20191018_211015_921.jpg

IMG_20191018_211015_922.jpg

IMG_20191018_211015_917.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I have a belly button 😯😯

Here are some new pics of the new guys... The zoa is already sprouting a new head😮. I didn't see that coming. The purple Stylo has awesome PE and the digis look amazing as well.

Do have a question about montis....is the edges being white a good thing?? Like I can see the blue poylps on the white so it's not the skeleton....no idea

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I have a belly button 😯😯

Here are some new pics of the new guys... The zoa is already sprouting a new head😮. I didn't see that coming. The purple Stylo has awesome PE and the digis look amazing as well.

Do have a question about montis....is the edges being white a good thing?? Like I can see the blue poylps on the white so it's not the skeleton....no idea

Noooooo. That’s not your update. Your belly button is where we inflate you after you’re born.

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 minutes ago, Dirté Sanchez said:

Noooooo. That’s not your update. Your belly button is where we inflate you after you’re born.

Wow that almost sounds believable 😁 especially considering my state at the moment 😂

• Haha 4
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
8 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

What kinda chocolate were you eating? 🤣😂

Let's just say the "NSFW" kind 😂😂

Here are the other montis, forgot to put them in.

IMG_20191023_211518_466.jpg

IMG_20191023_211518_464.jpg

• Like 4
59 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Well you could eat it at work.....................you do hate your jo0b after all.............

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
10 minutes ago, spectra said:

Well you could eat it at work.....................you do hate your jo0b after all.............

You make valid points sir... But no, I can't do that 😟

1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

2 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I don’t see blue polyps on any of those monti’s. 

16 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

You make valid points sir... But no, I can't do that 😟

Start a fire in the parking lot and you can make smores..............:unsure:

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Start a fire in the parking lot and you can make smores..............:unsure:

Damn you're on fire with ideas 👍👍

14 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

I don’t see blue polyps on any of those monti’s. 

Here's the one with blue polyps lol. He's on the other side of the tank. Don't mind the hair algae. It is growing over it 😀

IMG_20191023_224703.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Damn you're on fire with ideas 👍👍

Here's the one with blue polyps lol. He's on the other side of the tank. Don't mind the hair algae. It is growing over it 😀

IMG_20191023_224703.jpg

You’re fine. The growth edge on the mystic sunset can be very light to white in color sometimes. As long as the polyps are happy, you should be ok with this one. 

• Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, mitten_reef said:

You’re fine. The growth edge on the mystic sunset can be very light to white in color sometimes. As long as the polyps are happy, you should be ok with this one. 

Yeah that's the one I worry about. It's poylps are so small. Not like the digis and the have no idea one lol. It's encrusting really well.

3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Yeah that's the one I worry about. It's poylps are so small. Not like the digis and the have no idea one lol. It's encrusting really well.

That’s all it does, encrusting. I swear I saw one plates out at a LFS once but have yet to seen it anywhere else, not even online pics. 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

So, I usually make my new salt water a week in advance. I don't usually check alk very much, but I will every so often test it after it's mixed for a few hours and it's always 8.5-8.9, which is what it's supposed to mix to. I don't usually check it a week later, usually I'm assuming it's the same as it was when I first mixed it or somewhat close. Well, last night I decided to check it and to my surprise it was 6.8 :blink:….. so all this time it must be low and i never realized it. I did think it was weird that the day after a water change my alk is low like 7.3-7.5 so almost a full dkh lower than where it normally is. So I dose to bring it back up and continue on with my merry way... until the next water change

So here is my question, wtf is going on????? I mix it the way the directions say and it drops in a week. I've tested alk up to two days later and it holds at 8.5ish... day 7 and it's dropped almost 2 dkh :huh:. I wonder if it's the salt mix... I use live aquaria salt and I really like it but if the alk drops like this I can't use it... I don't wanna dose new water every time..

I wonder if I should just switch back to reef crystals??

Thanks for listening, I was just super frustrated by this and I'm glad that I actually tested it..... not overly impressed with the test results though. I even tested it twice because I thought I messed up the test.

Any salt will precipitate out of solution unless you use it within 48 hours. I would use anything but Reef Crystals. I had terrible luck with that shit. I use Red Sea now, Brightwell makes a damn good salt too. I would love to get my hands on some of the Blue Ocean salt from China to test it in the fish systems.

• Like 4
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Any salt will precipitate out of solution unless you use it within 48 hours. I would use anything but Reef Crystals. I had terrible luck with that shit. I use Red Sea now, Brightwell makes a damn good salt too. I would love to get my hands on some of the Blue Ocean salt from China to test it in the fish systems.

I just ordered fritz rpm.. looks like it mixes where my tank is at right now. I'm gonna give it a shot. It's just weird that in 7 days it dropped so much. I figured it'd take weeks or months for it drop that drastically.

I'm also still a noob so...……..:lol:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I just ordered fritz rpm.. looks like it mixes where my tank is at right now. I'm gonna give it a shot. It's just weird that in 7 days it dropped so much. I figured it'd take weeks or months for it drop that drastically.

I'm also still a noob so...……..:lol:

Nope, 3 days is all it takes. I mix mine the day before I do ship outs and use it within 24 hours.

• Like 2