Cultivated Reef

Dave's 20g glass box šŸŽ‰ Water Box 20 IS STILL GOING.......

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

Your corals are looking happy ...... I like that nasty acan of yours!Ā 

Thanks man šŸ‘. Tank is eating up alk. I loose .2 dkh in 24 hours now. And I didn't know that is the Richard of the coral world. That thing tried eating a rock flower nem šŸ˜‚. He's banished to the corner of the tank...doesn't play nice with others. It really is pretty though.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

New update..... Thursday arrival!! Looks like I'm leaving work early tomorrow. omgomgomg

Ā 

Looks like we are going to have a nor' easter late today and tomorrow... winds around 50-60. This should be fun.....

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

Yep Thursday night football..........................

Nope definitely not football :lol:.Ā It's a surprise :ninja:Ā 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
7 minutes ago, DirtƩ Sanchez said:

Jack Jr over here.

I was really digging his style... I figured I would join him :lol:. Its actually kinda fun

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

Here we go...

It's really too much to type out.. sort of it is, we are short handed so of course everything and anything that could go wrong today has... It's super frustrating and I was supposed to leave early because I have to be home for a package... :unsure:Ā 

• Sad 5
1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

It's really too much to type out.. sort of it is, we are short handed so of course everything and anything that could go wrong today has... It's super frustrating and I was supposed to leave early because I have to be home for a package... :unsure:Ā 

I did the calculation for time difference in my head and thought Dave's not getting a half day šŸ˜­

Ā 

I take it no one home? Always the way

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
23 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

I did the calculation for time difference in my head and thought Dave's not getting a half day šŸ˜­

Ā 

I take it no one home? Always the way

Yup, I was going to leave at 1. Well it's now two and i'm still here. I'm just waiting for the notification that my package arrived so I can leave and go home and take care of it.. then I have to come back for like an hour only to then go home again.... not super happy today

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Yup, I was going to leave at 1. Well it's now two and i'm still here. I'm just waiting for the notification that my package arrived so I can leave and go home and take care of it.. then I have to come back for like an hour only to then go home again.... not super happy today

Your missing your package...ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.:huh: is it in your wifes purse ? oh wait those are your balls...ā€¦ā€¦.:tongueout: leave nd come back...ā€¦ā€¦...#### that...ā€¦ā€¦...

• Haha 6
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
50 minutes ago, spectra said:

Your missing your package...ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.:huh: is it in your wifes purse ? oh wait those are your balls...ā€¦ā€¦.:tongueout: leave nd come back...ā€¦ā€¦...#### that...ā€¦ā€¦...

Soo I did say f that and just stayed home šŸ˜„

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Alright so a reefer on our awesome site was nice enough to sell me a few of his frags. That package I was waiting for Spectra šŸ˜.

Ā 

Mitten_reef is so awesome šŸ™Œ

He sent me 2 bubble digis, 2 purple stylos and a mystery coral. That mystery coral is a sunny d zoa.

Ā 

So far everything is looking good. They survived ( at least shipping) 2 days in a box. I have some PE already and they have been in the tank for about an hour and half (don't quote me on the time šŸ˜„). I'm so glad they made the trip, I was super stressed all day and then with the #### show at work today, made it worse.

Ā 

So here you guys go......update time (sorry jack, this is really fun)

I have my lights set on low acclimation because I didn't want to hurt them with the sudden brightness. He had them very well packed šŸ™‚

IMG_20191017_153553.jpg

IMG_20191017_153530.jpg

IMG_20191017_153058.jpg

IMG_20191017_153046.jpg

IMG_20191017_153040.jpg

IMG_20191017_145537_01.jpg

• Like 7
7 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Iā€™m so glad they survived the usps 2-day priority experiment.Ā 

Most things do unless you send them to Jack like I did and he leaves it in the mailbox when its 95 outside...ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦...:rolleyes:Ā 

• Haha 6
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
26 minutes ago, mitten_reef said:

Iā€™m so glad they survived the usps 2-day priority experiment.Ā 

I wondered about the cold.. they seem pretty tolerant of cold water.. If it was hot they'd be dead. You did a great jobĀ :happydance:Ā thank you so much!

24 minutes ago, spectra said:

Most things do unless you send them to Jack like I did and he leaves it in the mailbox when its 95 outside...ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦...:rolleyes:Ā 

He didn't do that did he??

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

Nice haul!!! šŸ˜ŽšŸ¤™

I'm surprised at how much they have opened after being in a box for 2 days. Can't wait for them to start growing upwards šŸ˜€

• Like 5
3 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I wondered about the cold.. they seem pretty tolerant of cold water.. If it was hot they'd be dead. You did a great jobĀ :happydance:Ā thank you so much!

He didn't do that did he??

yes he did.............

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
3 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ā 

I still have a pile of styrofoam crumbs in the basement since Tuesday.Ā Ā my wife thought the cat attacked the foam boards and shredded them up.

• Haha 3