SaltCritters.com

Dave's 20g glass box šŸŽ‰ Water Box 20 IS STILL GOING.......

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, spectra said:

Ā 

looking good !

Thanks spectra! It's so much nicer having a cube and no sand. So much easier to clean. Now if i can keep it looking pretty lol.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, FISHnChix said:

Not a fan of the orange filter that everyone loves.. I like this better..

Screenshot_20190811-162404_Chrome.jpg

LRM_EXPORT_136237329380180_20190811_162532219.jpeg

I like that last pic. That looks really good. I have a yellow filter too and I think the yellow makes it look better. I just haven't taken any photos with the orange filter in a while. I really wanna try and take pics with my wifes Nikon. That might be something i'll try one night.Ā 

.Ā 

Just did a nice water change and glued the frags to the glass so they'll stop getting blown around by the flow. Also, my clownfish is a jerk. She's getting more and more Richard likeĀ šŸ˜‚Ā 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Thanks spectra! It's so much nicer having a cube and no sand. So much easier to clean. Now if i can keep it looking pretty lol.Ā 

Ā 

I like that last pic. That looks really good. I have a yellow filter too and I think the yellow makes it look better. I just haven't taken any photos with the orange filter in a while. I really wanna try and take pics with my wifes Nikon. That might be something i'll try one night.Ā 

.Ā 

Just did a nice water change and glued the frags to the glass so they'll stop getting blown around by the flow. Also, my clownfish is a jerk. She's getting more and more Richard likeĀ šŸ˜‚Ā 

Have you tried the light room app? It took me 10 seconds to edit your photo of the rfa..

• Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, FISHnChix said:

Have you tried the light room app? It took me 10 seconds to edit your photo of the rfa..

Nope, but it's downloading now lol. Can't wait to see how the pics look after the editing.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ā 

.Ā 

I like the idea of a bare butt................if I can find a way to make my wrasses happy I may go that rout in the 750..............plus saves me some coin 140lbs of sand isnt cheap :lol:

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ā 

.Ā 

Is her Nikon newer? I tried with mine the other day and it took CRAP pictures through the glass. I was super sad, but guess I'll be sticking to my phone for now.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, spectra said:

I like the idea of a bare butt................if I can find a way to make my wrasses happy I may go that rout in the 750..............plus saves me some coin 140lbs of sand isnt cheap :lol:

True...i wonder what you could do for them... I have to say no sand is nice. You don't have to worry about the toilet cloggingĀ :smilie:Ā I'm actually considering setting the kps to full power for like 5 mins a day. This way it'll kick up more shit for the overflow to catch. Will see what happens, so far it's just easy to hit it with the baster and blow everything into the water column. Only problem and it's not really a problem anymore, was my frags sliding on the glass. I just did a tiny dot of super glue to hold them in place. So far it seems to be holding.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, DirtƩ Sanchez said:

Is her Nikon newer? I tried with mine the other day and it took CRAP pictures through the glass. I was super sad, but guess I'll be sticking to my phone for now.

Umm, yeah like 3 years old now. I'm sure we would have to get some kinda macro lens. I guess just play with it and see what happens..

4 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

True...i wonder what you could do for them... I have to say no sand is nice. You don't have to worry about the toilet cloggingĀ :smilie:Ā I'm actually considering setting the kps to full power for like 5 mins a day. This way it'll kick up more shit for the overflow to catch. Will see what happens, so far it's just easy to hit it with the baster and blow everything into the water column. Only problem and it's not really a problem anymore, was my frags sliding on the glass. I just did a tiny dot of super glue to hold them in place. So far it seems to be holding.

Toilet clogging šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤” What are you putting in your toilet??

Ā 

Umm, yeah like 3 years old now. I'm sure we would have to get some kinda macro lens. I guess just play with it and see what happens..

Mine is a few years older than that lol. More like 10.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, DirtƩ Sanchez said:

Toilet clogging šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤” What are you putting in your toilet??

Ā 

Mine is a few years older than that lol. More like 10.

I like to consider the sand as toilet because everything gets trapped in itĀ šŸ˜‚. I had so little room when I first set up my old tank it made it impossible to clean good. If you look back in my journal you'll see I battled algae for the whole time, I couldn't figure out what it was. It clicked that it was stuff trapped in the sand under the rock work that I couldn't ever clean. When I did the rock work for this tank I made damn sure I could get to every spot to clean. Plus Katie and I decided the bare bottom looked way nicer than the sand and much easier to clean. I can just crank up the flow and it blows all the shit around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I want to grab another fish....Katie seems to love the blue green chromis. Think that's a good addition to the 20 with one asshat of a clownfish??

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

She was also looking at a royal gramma, but aren't those fish assholes?

Just got one and it is great so far.. I asked the smellyrabbitĀ about it first, and he said they are great friendly fish for a reefšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

Just got one and it is great so far.. I asked the smellyrabbitĀ about it first, and he said they are great friendly fish for a reefšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I didnā€™t prefer mine but I felt like crap when they bought the fish farm

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

My only problem now is when I add another fish, i'll have to make a top for the tank I'm sure. Will see what happens, the blue green chromis is actually really pretty. Fish store had a bunch yesterday.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

My only problem now is when I add another fish, i'll have to make a top for the tank I'm sure. Will see what happens, the blue green chromis is actually really pretty. Fish store had a bunch yesterday.

Ha!! that was the fish I was looking at too before u got the RG... I was told though they lose their color as they get bigger , so i decided against it... now that i got rid of my clownfish and wrasse i might try like 3 of them..Ā 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

Ha!! that was the fish I was looking at too before u got the RG... I was told though they lose their color as they get bigger , so i decided against it... now that i got rid of my clownfish and wrasse i might try like 3 of them..Ā 

Yeah the clownfish might be the problem. She's getting aggressive with my hand while doing water changes now :lol:

Yeah the clownfish might be the problem. She's getting aggressive with my hand while doing water changes now :lol:

I had one that was so bad I would catch it before every water change...

• Wow 1

That clown would bite me one time and it would be sleeping the Gertrude the Titan trigger. Fish don't get much better than Royal Grammas and Chalk Bass.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I want to grab another fish....Katie seems to love the blue green chromis. Think that's a good addition to the 20 with one asshat of a clownfish??

Do the gramma. Chromis like to swim and eat constantly.Ā 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

My clown fish don't bother me yet, but the stupid peppermint shrimp tries to crawl up my arm all the time now. It's CREEPY

• Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Do the gramma. Chromis like to swim and eat constantly.Ā 

Cool thanks for the advice šŸ‘. I'll see what I can get my hands on šŸ™‚

Ā 

3 hours ago, DirtƩ Sanchez said:

My clown fish don't bother me yet, but the stupid peppermint shrimp tries to crawl up my arm all the time now. It's CREEPY

She was good for the longest time, then a few weeks ago she started getting a little crazy. Now she full out attacks my hand

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Cool thanks for the advice šŸ‘. I'll see what I can get my hands on šŸ™‚

Ā 

She was good for the longest time, then a few weeks ago she started getting a little crazy. Now she full out attacks my hand

I hope that doesnā€™t happen with mine. Ā Both those peppermints go after me when I mess with the corals. I was moving frags to what I hope are their permanent homes and they both kept coming at me. I literally flung the male off me. Super annoying creepy boogers!!

• Haha 1