Top Shelf Aquatics

Dave's 20g glass box šŸŽ‰ Water Box 20 IS STILL GOING.......

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

7 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I wonder what I should do about the corals that are on the bottom of the tank.... I have the flow pretty strong in there and I noticed that they kinda get blow around some. I wonder if I should use a small piece of the two part epoxy to hold them in place. I wasn't going to use super glue cause I want to be able to move the frag if I have too. Any thoughts?

Why not super glue them? In my experience it's easy to break the glue free

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, FISHnChix said:

Why not super glue them? In my experience it's easy to break the glue free

hmm, I might do something like that. I'm not super excited about the frags moving lol. Will see what happens.

8 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I have the prime hd so i'd have to imagine that would be enough. I built the rock up high enough so it's closer to surface. I don't know, i'll see what my lfs has in the next few months.

Sucks to be you...........not a prime fan...........had one and well it sucked :wink: you need to hock some parts and get a real light :lol:

• Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
22 minutes ago, spectra said:

Sucks to be you...........not a prime fan...........had one and well it sucked :wink: you need to hock some parts and get a real light :lol:

What do you consider a real light? I have to make myself a light fund so I'm watching all the comments about which is better or not. Ā My ceilings are too high to hang anything over the tank, so the big combo light things are out. I thought the prime looked pretty space saving and heard it was powerful. Certainly pricey.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, DirtƩ Sanchez said:

What do you consider a real light? I have to make myself a light fund so I'm watching all the comments about which is better or not. Ā My ceilings are too high to hang anything over the tank, so the big combo light things are out. I thought the prime looked pretty space saving and heard it was powerful. Certainly pricey.

What size tank ?

Ā 

I did not like the prime I had over a IM20..........best light I liked over it was a Kessil 360........also had a Radion over it and hated it............

Ā 

Love my nanobox but am going to try the new Red Seas over the new tank along with some T5s............and no ceiling is to high.............you just need more cable on the hangers..........

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
40 minutes ago, spectra said:

I don't know it seems to grow the things I have well. I am looking at that red Sea light for the 75...see what the fuss is about it.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I don't know it seems to grow the things I have well. I am looking at that red Sea light for the 75...see what the fuss is about it.

I was just not happy with mine..........I like light and dont like to run my tanks blue............plus did not like the disco effect some LEDs had on he sand..........

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
11 minutes ago, spectra said:

I was just not happy with mine..........I like light and dont like to run my tanks blue............plus did not like the disco effect some LEDs had on he sand..........

Yeah i get that. I dont have sand anymore so not much disco effect for me. :wink:

2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Yeah i get that. I dont have sand anymore so not much disco effect for me. :wink:

I like sand..................thought of a bare bottom............. butt.................only like that on my women :whoa:

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, spectra said:

I like sand..................thought of a bare bottom............. butt.................only like that on my women :whoa:

I thought I wouldnt like it but I'd have to say its growing on me. Will see what happens. I have fiji pink on standby just in case.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I thought I wouldnt like it but I'd have to say its growing on me. Will see what happens. I have fiji pink on standby just in case.

Well I am a wrasse man so..................they would be pissed at me :lol:

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Alright so here are some shots i took with the macro and orange filter. In one of the nem pics if you look close you'll see my emerald crab. Thats his spot, under a nem...kinda weird but cool at the same time.

Everyone is getting adjust to the new place. My blasto will fill a good portion of that spot when he finally gets adjusted.

Enjoy the shots šŸ˜€

IMG_20190725_211041_706.jpg

IMG_20190725_211041_688.jpg

IMG_20190725_211041_690.jpg

IMG_20190725_211041_669.jpg

IMG_20190725_211041_667.jpg

IMG_20190725_211041_664.jpg

IMG_20190725_210702.jpg

IMG_20190725_210640.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, spectra said:

Well I am a wrasse man so..................they would be pissed at me :lol:

They have to have sand? Or will they get by without it?

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

So a long lost buddy just came across a funny old picture.. damn I was 16 and so scrawny lmao.. was a good surf session that day thoughšŸ¤™šŸ¤£šŸ¤£..Ā 

IMG_00251.jpg

Ive never surfed...looks like fun though. šŸ¤˜

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ive never surfed...looks like fun though. šŸ¤˜

Lmao off sorry buddy I thought I was in the lounge !!! Too many beers!! . I'll edit that shit!! Sorry!!šŸ¤£

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, FISHnChix said:

So a long lost buddy just came across a funny old picture.. damn I was 16 and so scrawny lmao.. was a good surf session that day thoughšŸ¤™šŸ¤£šŸ¤£..Ā 

IMG_00251.jpg

So...............what one is you :unsure: I think I know but..................

3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

They have to have sand? Or will they get by without it?

They sleep in it. Sometimes rocks but dont want to piss them off........

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Lmao off sorry buddy I thought I was in the lounge !!! Too many beers!! . I'll edit that shit!! Sorry!!šŸ¤£

Oh its all good man. Nice to see old school pics. šŸ˜€

• Haha 1
ECLS Reefer
35 minutes ago, spectra said:

What size tank ?

Ā 

I did not like the prime I had over a IM20..........best light I liked over it was a Kessil 360........also had a Radion over it and hated it............

Ā 

Love my nanobox but am going to try the new Red Seas over the new tank along with some T5s............and no ceiling is to high.............you just need more cable on the hangers..........

But how many nano boxes does it take? I have a 24x24x24 tank, so I donā€™t think I need too much, but I donā€™t know that these two Orbits are doing much.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, spectra said:

So...............what one is you :unsure: I think I know but..................

They sleep in it. Sometimes rocks but dont want to piss them off........

Hmm interesting. Well no wrasses for me in here. Maybe another go at a tailspot..

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Well first water change on the waterbox tonight. Went good and I was able to suck out all the shit. Good times. Tank is looking so nice. I wish my one frogspawn would open up all the way. I ended up moving the kps to a different spot. Have it running over the two montis. Alk is staying in a good spot.

StinkyBunny

You could get a Tanaka's or Possum wrasse if you can find them. Damn nice little wrasses that aren't fukn assholes like 6 Line wrasses are. Right now there are a lot of small blennies on the market, the little Lined blennies are a damn nice fish that are very peaceful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
5 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

You could get a Tanaka's or Possum wrasse if you can find them. Damn nice little wrasses that aren't fukn assholes like 6 Line wrasses are. Right now there are a lot of small blennies on the market, the little Lined blennies are a damn nice fish that are very peaceful.

I'm leaning towards a little blenny. Since I went bare bottom I figured no wrasses. I have to get a top if in going to get one though. I'm just so happy with this tank so far. Now as long as I don't f it up šŸ˜„. I might try my hand at some macro, didn't have good luck with it the last time. I think all the gha was killing it.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I'm leaning towards a little blenny. Since I went bare bottom I figured no wrasses. I have to get a top if in going to get one though. I'm just so happy with this tank so far. Now as long as I don't f it up šŸ˜„. I might try my hand at some macro, didn't have good luck with it the last time. I think all the gha was killing it.

What Macro is it you're thinking of trying?