ReefCleaners.org

Dave's 20g glass box šŸŽ‰ Water Box 20 IS STILL GOING.......

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Cold is OK, hot is not.

Next thing.

Take that fukn Inkbird and throw it in the trash when you get home. That's about the WORST goddamn controller on the market. I have 3 of those pieces of shit and all 3 failed. Fuk them right in the ass with a broken wine bottle dipped in Ebola. I have a Weipro and Finnex and they're MUCH better controllers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Cold is OK, hot is not.

Next thing.

Take that fukn Inkbird and throw it in the trash when you get home. That's about the WORST goddamn controller on the market. I have 3 of those pieces of shit and all 3 failed. Fuk them right in the ass with a broken wine bottle dipped in Ebola. I have a Weipro and Finnex and they're MUCH better controllers.

I think youā€™re gonna need to be more specific. šŸ¤”šŸ˜„

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
41 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Cold is OK, hot is not.

Next thing.

I've never heard of them. Only ever hear people talk about inkbird. I'll have to check those out. I wonder if I should silicone the probe..

On a good note the reef is running as it should, corals are open and fish are swimming around.

I figured that colder is preferred, glad I was right and didn't do something drastic this morning. Temps only at 74. Do I have to worry about SG or alk/cal?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I've never heard of them. Only ever hear people talk about inkbird. I'll have to check those out. I wonder if I should silicone the probe..

On a good note the reef is running as it should, corals are open and fish are swimming around.

I figured that colder is preferred, glad I was right and didn't do something drastic this morning. Temps only at 74. Do I have to worry about SG or alk/cal?

You should be fine. Just keep an eye out. šŸ˜Š

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, StinkyBunny said:

Cold is OK, hot is not.

Next thing.

I bought an inkbird for my mini complete and now you got me thinking I should return it for a refund šŸ˜›

Ā 

I have a DIY inkbird someone made years ago and it works great all these years but maybe that one is different. It is a big boxy shaped thing!

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I bought an inkbird for my mini complete and now you got me thinking I should return it for a refund šŸ˜›

Ā 

I have a DIY inkbird someone made years ago and it works great all these years but maybe that one is different. It is a big boxy shaped thing!

I hope you have better luck than I did. The 3 I have are duds. 1 worked for about 3 months, the other 2 shit the bed in 2 weeks.

• Sad 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Well did a massive tank cleaning. I checked alk a few mins after the water change and it's holding steady at 7.7... I'm going to actually try reef rx now that things are back on track and I have two part as a just in case deal. Will see if I can kick the algae and have a nice clean tank again. Only thing I don't know what to do is when I dose the two part. How far off of 7.7 do I get before I should dose. I'm going to test all week and see how far it drops if it drops at all. Right now every water change I check alk after and it's 7.7.

Will see what happens, It'll be weird not doing a water change for a monthĀ šŸ˜³

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, spectra said:

I like my ALK at about 8.8 to 9.5 or so.

Ā 

How many corals that are using it ? Whats your CAL at ?

Calcium is like 440. I have the three hammers, 4 acans and a blasto. The rest are nems and softies.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I figure I'll just watch it and see what happens for the week. I have the stuff to dose if need be. I don't have a bunch of that is high demanding I don't think

• Like 1

Cal is on par......usually if you can keep the Alk stable the Cal follows.

Ā 

Mine was at 9.9 yesterday but figure it will drop now that more corals were added.

Ā 

I hate testing but after my mishap well...........

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
Just now, spectra said:

Cal is on par......usually if you can keep the Alk stable the Cal follows.

Ā 

Mine was at 9.9 yesterday but figure it will drop now that more corals were added.

Ā 

I hate testing but after my mishap well...........

I started slacking around the 7 month mark of the tank. I'm testing more because I have been trying to figure out wtf is going on in the tank.

When and if I dose the two part will the calcium jump up as I keep the alk stable? I know everything gets dosed the same amounts so I would have to guess it holds calcium like it holds alk..

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I can't wait for the frag farmers market in a couple weeks. I haven't added a coral since the last week of oct. I'm hoping they have some frogspawns and some decent acans. Wonder if anyone will have any gorgs..

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I started slacking around the 7 month mark of the tank. I'm testing more because I have been trying to figure out wtf is going on in the tank.

When and if I dose the two part will the calcium jump up as I keep the alk stable? I know everything gets dosed the same amounts so I would have to guess it holds calcium like it holds alk..

I dont dose equal parts......I dose more alk than cal.

• Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Little tank update. So I did a second attempt on the reef flux rx and it seems to be working. I am 7 days in and the algae has stopped growing. Usually by now the algae has come back. The animals aren't affected by it either, they are living their lives like nothing happened. I have been monitoring alk all week and so far it looks like I'll have a 1dkh drop..I'll know tonight for the last day of testing. I have two part on hand this time so i'll try and figure out if dosing will be necessary.

• Like 1
On 2/9/2019 at 8:29 PM, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Here's a quick video. This is the first video I have ever put up on youtube of my tank. You can see the algae.....šŸ˜I'm working on it though. I have found the problem and it's corrected. Now I just need to work hard and make it all go away.

Ā 

Nice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
15 minutes ago, dferrari13 said:

Nice

Thanks hopefully the next video will be less algae. I may actually take one tonight and compare, see if I can tell a difference.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Ok, here is a screenshot of my alk tests for the week. It dropped .6 dkh in the week. The water change was 2-16.. you can see i didn't test a couple days but the main thing is I got the total drop. I am taking the hanna margin for error into account cause it went up .1 dkh twice, which is weird, but whatever. Think I should dose or let it fly how its going??

Screenshot_20190223-185710.png

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Well shit, looks like I may be loosing a rock flower nem. He has just detatched and floated around. It's not all shriveled up, but I thought if they loose suction they are done for? I don't know, I'll watch it tonight and see what happens.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Well nevermind šŸ™„,I think he is just being a dick...seems to reattached to the rock where I put him. He pissed off my acans and blasto though, he was laying on top of them.

• Like 1
On 2/23/2019 at 4:06 PM, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ok, here is a screenshot of my alk tests for the week. It dropped .6 dkh in the week. The water change was 2-16.. you can see i didn't test a couple days but the main thing is I got the total drop. I am taking the hanna margin for error into account cause it went up .1 dkh twice, which is weird, but whatever. Think I should dose or let it fly how its going??

Screenshot_20190223-185710.png

What did you decide to use to dose??? I'd probably dose like a quarter of what your supposed to and see what it does to your readings. See how the tank reacts and then you will get more comfortable with dosing too..

• Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Thanks for the little tipĀ šŸ˜€. I decided I wasn't going to dose until I get closer to 1dkh drop. I just checked it now and it's at 7.1. I don't think the drop is drastic enough to warrant dosing, but I may try what you said. Maybe I'll dose a little and pick a target say like 7.3-7.4?? I know when I do a water change in a week it goes to 7.7-7.8 all the time. That's my tanks target from what I can tell.Ā 

Actually maybe I'll dose it to what it's supposed to be?Ā 

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

So I'm on day 9 of the flux rx meds to kick the gha. Seems like it may have grown some, but not as bad as it usually gets. I dosed for 10 gallons tonight to kick up the meds a little. I should hopefully be getting into the area where i may start to see it die off. I changed my filter floss and there was so much algae in my filter that I think it's working, just not fast.

I changed out the floss, cleaned out the media holder and tried to suck out some of the shit in the filter. I wonder if I should be dumping the filter every 2-3 days to get the stuff out quicker?

27 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

So I'm on day 9 of the flux rx meds to kick the gha. Seems like it may have grown some, but not as bad as it usually gets. I dosed for 10 gallons tonight to kick up the meds a little. I should hopefully be getting into the area where i may start to see it die off. I changed my filter floss and there was so much algae in my filter that I think it's working, just not fast.

I changed out the floss, cleaned out the media holder and tried to suck out some of the shit in the filter. I wonder if I should be dumping the filter every 2-3 days to get the stuff out quicker?

I didn't see die off until close to 30 days then bam gone... it was crazy.. kinda wanted to dose it full time bc towards the end I didnt even have to scrap the glass lol .Ā 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
9 minutes ago, Weikel said:

I didn't see die off until close to 30 days then bam gone... it was crazy.. kinda wanted to dose it full time bc towards the end I didnt even have to scrap the glass lol .Ā 

Yeah I've heard and read that. Did you do one dose or multiples?