Coral Vue Hydros

Dave's 20g glass box šŸŽ‰ Water Box 20 IS STILL GOING.......

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

4 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

With the opposite schedules do you have a lot of viewing time? I have my lights 11-9. I've always though about changing the schedule some.

We're at home at night so we watch the tanks then.

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Did another water change....sucked out a bucket of algae šŸ™„. Next week I'm ordered a #### load of snails. At least I have a fat happy blenny šŸ˜‘

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Well here we go, I just finally set up the new aqamai kps and I really like it. It's so small and now there is room. It took me a few to figure it out, but it's in and looks awesome.

Ā 

I also just took a bunch of pics of the tank with the new filter and macro lens...check it out and let me know what you think šŸ˜

IMG_20181229_172440_899.jpg

IMG_20181229_172440_900.jpg

IMG_20181229_172440_903.jpg

IMG_20181229_172008.jpg

IMG_20181229_171945.jpg

IMG_20181229_171936.jpg

IMG_20181229_171917.jpg

IMG_20181229_171810.jpg

• Like 5
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
18 minutes ago, spectra said:

Looks good what camera and lens ? I still use my phone even though Teeny sold me a nice camera years ago :lol:

It's actually my pixel XL (phone) and a set of clip on filters with a macro lens that Katie got me for Christmas šŸ‘

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

It has yellow and orange plus a 10x macro. They all screw together and you can mix and match. Those shots are all yellow. I might mess with the orange in a little bit.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Everything is looking really nice šŸ™‚

Thanks WVšŸ˜€...I'm really surprised how well they came out. Those are actually closer to the glass. The back ones it might be a little tricky to get good shots.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Ok, I thought I had set the pump up, but I guess i didn't. I can't for the life of me get the pump to connect to my wifi....šŸ™„ I've read every step and it won't connect. Wtf

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

It has yellow and orange plus a 10x macro. They all screw together and you can mix and match. Those shots are all yellow. I might mess with the orange in a little bit.

What brand ? May have to try that as like I said I am lazy :lol:

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

It's this...I think she got it on Amazon lol

IMG_20181229_191347.jpg

Doesnt show on amazon........so if you come up with something else post it up.

13 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

She said type in "aļ»æqļ»æļ»æuarium of ļ»æchoice coral leļ»ænsļ»æļ»æ" on Amazon it was in her past orders

Must be gone now as nothing comes up on amazon

• Sad 1
On 12/29/2018 at 5:22 PM, spectra said:

Must be gone now as nothing comes up on amazon

Ā 

On 12/29/2018 at 5:23 PM, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Aww man thats shitty .. figured amazon would still have it.

Ā 

Looks like it may be similar to the PolypLabs one I have, which also has orange, yellow, and 10X that screw together (!) Ā and seems to be in stock at this time.

Ā 

472BF123-BE41-4998-8692-A14CDB88D7DE.thumb.png.0219fe3dda1a78b23c77e84a030d98e3.png

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1
On 12/29/2018 at 6:03 PM, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Those pics are amazing and from a phone no less.Ā  Wow, that is really cool.

• Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
3 hours ago, vlangel said:

Those pics are amazing and from a phone no less.Ā  Wow, that is really cool.

ThanksĀ :smilie:Ā I'm going to take some more pics when I clean the tank tonight lol. I wanna get some shots of the coral that is coming back to life.

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Ok so my Weds night picking of algae and water change is done.....I'm so sick of picking algae šŸ™„..looks like I'm gonna buy a red mithrax crab.

I'm trying everything to get this crap under control. This really is a hard battle to win....I'm wondering if I'm gonna have to do a water change every other day and see if that helps. Readings are off cause of the algae. Phosphate has never been over .1 even before the GHA started. Who knows, cuc, macroalgae and a crab and see what happens.

Ā 

How many is too many in the snails department? Looking more for GHA eaters.

11 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Ok so my Weds night picking of algae and water change is done.....I'm so sick of picking algae šŸ™„..looks like I'm gonna buy a red mithrax crab.

I'm trying everything to get this crap under control. This really is a hard battle to win....I'm wondering if I'm gonna have to do a water change every other day and see if that helps. Readings are off cause of the algae. Phosphate has never been over .1 even before the GHA started. Who knows, cuc, macroalgae and a crab and see what happens.

Ā 

How many is too many in the snails department? Looking more for GHA eaters.

Never enough snails if you ask me................get an assortment.

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
42 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

What kind of rock did you use?

I actually used all live rock from my lfs tank. Really only got this problem a few months ago. All this time since march I've been good with no tank aids as Sancho puts it lol. I still think if I throw some nice macros in the tank they will out compete the hair algae. Could be dead wrong though.

Ā 

1 hour ago, spectra said:

Never enough snails if you ask me................get an assortment.

I'm gonna get some cerths, Ive read they are good at eating some GHA. Blue legged hermits are supposed to be good as well.

Ā 

Thanks for the help guys šŸ˜€

• Like 1