Innovative Marine Aquariums

Dave's 20g glass box šŸŽ‰ Water Box 20 IS STILL GOING.......

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, spectra said:

Hell we have the same tanks to................only mine has a sump so its the 35 or something like that............... mine has hair algae everywhere.................. I need something to eat it that wont get eaten by the angler........... :lol:

Well good news is there is no crazy algae outbreak in my tank šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø. Not much coral left though. Im gonna work on an update later tonight. I'm also gonna maybe fill everyone in on some new business venture I might or might not be doing šŸ‘€

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Well good news is there is no crazy algae outbreak in my tank šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø. Not much coral left though. Im gonna work on an update later tonight. I'm also gonna maybe fill everyone in on some new business venture I might or might not be doing šŸ‘€

Happened already................. :biggrin:

Ā 

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Flavors That Should Have Marijuana in Them -  Thrillist

• Haha 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Ok..........

It's been a min guys and gals. So last year the tank went through some problems. As you know from earlier, I had a huge problem with nutrients.. well lack of nutrients. I had a big battle with dinos. They killed almost everything in the tank. The only things I have left are my rock flower nems, one frogspawn, one favia, a few mushrooms (those things don't die I guess), the zoas I got from @mitten_reef, and my most prized piece, my blasto.

Ā 

Everything else is gone. That was so heartbreaking. I almost threw in the towel. I decided to stick with it. I talked with @jbbĀ and we basically came to a conclusion that I actually needed more fish. I bought two beauties in jan. I ended up getting a bicolor blenny and some kinda wrasse. The corals that are left just barely made it. My favia lost all the color in it. The flesh was almost gone and my frogspawn was so receded all you could see was a little flesh and all skeleton. Rock flowers shrunk and my blasto wouldn't open. The mushrooms shriveled and thought they were for sure goners. I couldn't keep nutrients in the tank. Even with dosing it was just a lost cause. The extra bio load though, that worked.

Ā 

Since I was battling dinos, I had to do some unconventional things. I added pods and the fish. I stopped water changes and I just topped off and dosed to keep things stable. I would suck out the dinos and add the water back in for what felt like 100 years. I dropped the lights down to almost nothing and only ran blue channel. I did that for about 2 months and then slowly ramped them back up. They are now full power as of about a month ago.Ā 

Ā 

So, lets fast forward to today. It's been 5 months since my last water change. Before you say wtf... let me explain, I wanted everything to stabilize and it did just that. IĀ only dose and top off fresh water. I feed the fish once a day, the lrs frozen food. I have coraline growing everywhere, the corals that are still alive have recovered and have gotten all color back. My favia is growing like a weed, the zoas are multiplying( they are now open) and it's the first time since about the last time I updated the journal that they are fully open. They have no color from being closed for so long. Even they are getting some orange back.Ā 

Ā 

Ok, so the future of the tank is looking up. The fish are amazing and the coral that are left look stunning. The only thing that i've noticed is that I have a bit of cyano. I'd much rather deal with that then the dino problem. I know the cyano is probably from all the waste and not doing water changes for so long. I can deal with that. I am gonna do a water change tomorrow and suck all the stuff out. I have to clean my pumps so that should help once flow is back to 100percent. As for testing....................... yeah I only check alk right now. I just make sure that's holding strong and so far so good.Ā 

Ā 

If ya'll made it to the end.... congrats. I'm sorry to say there is no prize at the end šŸ¤£. I am gonna get some pics up soon so you can all see. I'll see if I can find any pics of the death.. but to be honest I probably don't have any. It was hard looking at the tank for so long. I will be adding some new coral in the coming weeks so stay tuned for that.

Ā 

Thanks everyone. ā¤

Ā 

Ā 

16 minutes ago, spectra said:

Happened already................. :biggrin:

Ā 

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Flavors That Should Have Marijuana in Them -  Thrillist

I have that in the fridge already sirĀ šŸ˜‰

• Like 4
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Oh I forgot.. to all you that don't have social media I finally got my studio/creation station done. I've been saving for a while for this setup. I'm also gonna be doing some streaming again coming up as soon as I figure out a webcam and using obs studio.

Here's a few pics of what I've been working on.

Ā 

Also a cat butt šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

IMG_20210508_133649_761.jpg

IMG_20210508_135945_561.jpg

IMG_20210508_143615_745.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Holy crap my sunset Monti is coming back from nothing! It hasn't had flesh in a year.

Here is a shit pic I took last night when I realized there was flesh that just showed up. I love nature ā¤ļø

Ā 

And a pic of the little slice of ocean I have šŸ˜

The tank is finally doing good

PXL_20210515_231455809.jpg

PXL_20210516_003013662.MP.jpg

• Like 8
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Here are the first real pics of the corals since last year. These guys are doing great. Did a water change last night for the first time since January. The tank is finally in a good stride. I have no hair algae, and the corals are finally starting to really pop. The favia has some feeder tentacle extension. I wish I got a pic earlier... It was insane.

The zoa's are open for the first time in over a year and the colors are starting to come back.

I am gonna be getting some sps again in the coming weeks so stay tuned. This reef WILL be thriving again. I'm so happy I didn't throw in the towel. This hobby can really kick you in the nuts and bring you down.

IMG_20210516_125320_691.jpg

IMG_20210516_125320_786.jpg

IMG_20210516_125320_817.jpg

IMG_20210516_125320_838.jpg

• Like 12
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
7 hours ago, Ratvan said:

Looking good, glad its turned the corner for you

Thanks buddy šŸ¤˜

I'm glad I didn't throw in the towel. šŸ™

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Hey guys so I have been working on somethings lately. Mostly getting equipment setup for a new venture I want to take on. Well, I can finally let you guys in and I hope you show it some love. Head over to my youtube channel where I just posted my second vlog video. I'm still very new to editing and filming but go check it out and let me know what ya'll think ā¤ā¤ā¤

I am still trying to figure out things but it's gonna revolve around tanks and visiting and filming different stores. I still have to figure out how to upload in better quality. I shot all this footage with my phone in 4k and for some reason it didn't render in 4k... it's a work in progress I guess šŸ˜‚

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Calling all my fish nerds šŸ˜ƒšŸ˜ƒ

Ā 

Tomorrow at 10:30am my new video will be live on my youtube channel.

Ā 

Pezhawks Aquarium

Ā 

Ā 

Take a gander over there and check it out. I'm hoping this one came out a little better. I'm trying to get better with each one. Hopefully, I don't disappointĀ omgomgomg

Love all of you! I'll do a tank update soon...................

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
9 hours ago, spectra said:

I watched the last one.....canā€™t comment I canā€™t log into you tube.....šŸ™„

hey I apricate you at least watching. It's kinda scary putting yourself out there for people to see. Something i'm trying to work through. I have a really good personality and I like to entertain. I will say it's really weird talking to yourself though lmao

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
10 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

whats the suction cup thing in the tank for?

umm... not sure what suction cup thing. In my tank or the video?

DSFIRSTSLTWATER
7 minutes ago, Ratvan said:

in your tank, decent video too

šŸ¤£

i just realized what you were talking about......

thats my glass thermometer lol. It doesn't stick anymore and so i just stuck it in the rock work. The blenny likes to perch on itĀ šŸ˜…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
StinkyBunny

Ā 

7 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

šŸ¤£

i just realized what you were talking about......

thats my glass thermometer lol. It doesn't stick anymore and so i just stuck it in the rock work. The blenny likes to perch on itĀ šŸ˜…

Get your blenny a set of those large Filipino barnacles, they LOVE them.

• Wow 1
5 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Ā 

8e4e2b36fb40c77af6e250712fe362f5_400x400.jpg

Google says I have an account and yes I do...................but trying to reset the password.................... yeah right.................

• Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
21 hours ago, StinkyBunny said:

Ā 

Get your blenny a set of those large Filipino barnacles, they LOVE them.

i'll have to see if i can find something. those are cool as hell looking

Ā 

15 hours ago, spectra said:

Google says I have an account and yes I do...................but trying to reset the password.................... yeah right.................

they make it so much harder then it needs to be lol

• Thanks 1
StinkyBunny
18 hours ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

i'll have to see if i can find something. those are cool as hell looking

You can get them off eBay. There are still a bunch of shell importers in Florida.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Hey everyone, I don't know if you enjoy me throwing up my next videos, but here is the one I just did. Let me know what you think. If I missed anything. Its a little video on the tank and how it's doing. Hope to see you all there āœŒā¤

Ā 

• Like 4
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I just want to say thank you to all of you that have checked out my YouTube Channel. It's a work in progress as I figure out what direction I want to take it. It's something that i've been working on for months now. I want to eventually make that my job. I like to create things and I also don't wanna work for anyone anymore. I wish I would have done this years ago but alas, I'm doing it now. If you guys have any suggestions feel free to let me know. I have some other ideas that I want to try out.

Ā 

Thanks again everyoneĀ :flower:

Ā 

edit: It's very intimidating putting yourself out on the internet for everyone to see. It's very weird talking to yourself lol

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

New video is up on my channel guys šŸ˜€. I am going to have a schedule now. New videos are going up Saturday at 530p est. I am gonna h.ave bonus videos sometimes during the week.

I feel like this video turned out ehh. I wanted to do some different things in this one but it didn't turn out how I imagined. Let me know what you think. I'm curious to know if the videos are getting better šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3
ECLS Reefer
14 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

New video is up on my channel guys šŸ˜€. I am going to have a schedule now. New videos are going up Saturday at 530p est. I am gonna h.ave bonus videos sometimes during the week.

I feel like this video turned out ehh. I wanted to do some different things in this one but it didn't turn out how I imagined. Let me know what you think. I'm curious to know if the videos are getting better šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

That looks like so much fun! Wish they came to Houston šŸ˜ž

• Like 2