Coral Vue Hydros

Dave's 20g glass box šŸŽ‰ Water Box 20 IS STILL GOING.......

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I have to test my tank still. I have been waiting because of all the hair algae, but I think I'm going to test it tonight while Katie is at her moms. I'm curious to see what the nitrates are at. Last test was 20ppm nitrate and .1 phosphate, but that was also before the hair algae started getting a little out of hand.

• Like 3

Weird as the rusty as I call it grows well for me......

Ā 

Yes you need tall things in the tank to help fill it up.....

Ā 

Check your phosphates I bet there getting up there. When I messed my big tank up last month and lost a bunch of sticks it gave food for the algae and now am dealing with green hair to.........never had it until now.

• Like 3
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 minutes ago, spectra said:

Weird as the rusty as I call it grows well for me......

Ā 

Yes you need tall things in the tank to help fill it up.....

Ā 

Check your phosphates I bet there getting up there. When I messed my big tank up last month and lost a bunch of sticks it gave food for the algae and now am dealing with green hair to.........never had it until now.

I truly think It was the old rodi filters that did. Between the seachem matrix and possibly the old rodi filters thats when the algae started to really explode. It always thought 1tds was good but maybe not. Plus when I changed the filters the water that came out smelled sooo bad.Ā 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, banasophia said:

@spectraĀ wow, that tank looked so pretty with all those gorgs. So it sounds like #2 is the spiny orange. What is #1? And I really like #3 as well, do you think itā€™s their purple plume? May need to get that.Ā 

Ā 

https://www.kpaquatics.com/product/purple-plume-gorgonia/

Ā 

ADF269BB-7552-48C2-A99D-23E487EEF386.jpeg

number 1 is branching GSP :lol: it goes nuts.......and 3 was a freebie from them and not the plume as I have that in another tank. If you look close behind the rusty there is a small chunk of the plume growing.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, spectra said:

number 1 is branching GSP :lol: it goes nuts.......and 3 was a freebie from them and not the plume as I have that in another tank. If you look close behind the rusty there is a small chunk of the plume growing.

Oh wow I didn't know that was gsp...thats awesome looking.

• Like 4
Just now, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

Oh wow I didn't know that was gsp...thats awesome looking.

Here it is in my big tank......I pull pieces off all the time and toss it in the trash :lol: its growing with a monti on that rock.

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_5864.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Here it is in my big tank......I pull pieces off all the time and toss it in the trash :lol: its growing with a monti on that rock.

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_5864.jpg

I love my gsp. He is on his own rockĀ :smilie:

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, spectra said:

Ā 

Ā 

IMG_5864.jpg

Wow! Thatā€™s stunning!!! What a great pic. Looks like I need to follow your tank journals too!!! I didnā€™t know GSP grew like that.Ā Okay, yeah, I need to have that in my life! Do you know of a good source?Ā 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

I was a little concerned, if you see that green favia is really close to the gsp and I thought the favia would kill it, but so far it's fine. Is gsp hardy next to aggressive coral?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, banasophia said:

Wow! Thatā€™s stunning!!! What a great pic. Looks like I need to follow your tank journals too!!! I didnā€™t know GSP grew like that.

Not much to follow I dont post much in them :lol: may add to the 100 thread once I start taking it apart to re boot it......

Ā 

5 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I was a little concerned, if you see that green favia is really close to the gsp and I thought the favia would kill it, but so far it's fine. Is gsp hardy next to aggressive coral?

Well like they say if you kill your GSP this hobby might just not be cut out for you :lol:

Ā 

My temp IM that was set up last week well tossed a 5x5 patch in there and was open in less than 24hrs.......I dont think you can kill the stuff

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
30 minutes ago, spectra said:

Not much to follow I dont post much in them :lol: may add to the 100 thread once I start taking it apart to re boot it......

Ā 

Well like they say if you kill your GSP this hobby might just not be cut out for you :lol:

Ā 

My temp IM that was set up last week well tossed a 5x5 patch in there and was open in less than 24hrs.......I dont think you can kill the stuff

that's good to know cause that favia has some seriously long sweepers and as you can see it's close. I haven't noticed the flow to see if the sweepers are going near the gsp though. I'm kinda curious.

1 minute ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

that's good to know cause that favia has some seriously long sweepers and as you can see it's close. I haven't noticed the flow to see if the sweepers are going near the gsp though. I'm kinda curious.

I think my GSP stung my leather recently... had to move them farther apart. Which reminds me, I need to change my carbon. šŸ˜¬

• Wow 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, banasophia said:

I think my GSP stung my leather recently... had to move them farther apart. Which reminds me, I need to change my carbon. šŸ˜¬

wait what?!? Gsp will sting corals???

12 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

wait what?!? Gsp will sting corals???

Well... I donā€™t know for sure, but part of the leather turned white where they were touching. I donā€™t think I got a picture of it but it recovered after a few days.Ā 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

And this is why we didn't want to put a tree up this....also this is why we have no ornaments lol.

Anyone want a really cute cuddly kitten??

IMG_20181224_103527.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

This is amazing šŸ˜€. I can't believe how much my hammer has come back. I guess my tanks doing ok if this came back from practically dead.

IMG_20181224_130807.jpg

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
4 minutes ago, StinkyBunny said:

Mine just went to sleep, we're on the opposite schedule to keep the house cooler in the summer.

With the opposite schedules do you have a lot of viewing time? I have my lights 11-9. I've always though about changing the schedule some.

6 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

This is amazing šŸ˜€. I can't believe how much my hammer has come back. I guess my tanks doing ok if this came back from practically dead.

IMG_20181224_130807.jpg

Yay!!!šŸ˜ƒ

• Thanks 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Yay!!!šŸ˜ƒ

So all the noobs asking if the coral will survive, I can attest to that lol. I didn't think they were that Hardy.

• Like 1