Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Tropic Marin All In One Dosing?

Travis

1 hour ago, Andreww said:

Travis have you seen the BRS video about the 1 part?

Check it out. BRS/WWC episode 13.

Interesting...

Just watched that portion of the video. I’m officially a “trail blazer” 😂

48 minutes ago, neyes_ice said:

@Travis have you ever had to dose the original balling components mentioned in their youtube video?

Nope, I have not. But I believe that it’s because I started with a balanced system and the All For Reef is keeping it balanced. 

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, FSTanks said:

@Travis Any updates to report over the last month?

How are you maintaining Mag levels or are they stable there too?

Thanks.

Thanks for asking, you gave me a reason to test the tank lol. 🤣

Alk 8.3

Ca 450

Mag 1400

The levels have been very stable, I love this stuff.

I also have been dosing NOPOX to get me NO3 and PO4 down, which it has done, and since lowering the levels, the Alk consumption has increased. All good signs I suppose.

Side note, I just ordered two Kamoer X1 mini dosing pumps.  One for the TM All The Reef and One for the NOPOX. I had been dosing the NOPOX daily.  That was getting old, fast lol.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Travis said:

Allready have two on order lol. One for the TM and the other for the nopox

Let me know how you like them.

I might switch to this dosing liquid when the B-ionic is done and also get one of these pumps cuz it makes sense for my small tank.

• Like 1

Well....problems....

The TM All The Reef has failed me...

My alk was dropping this past week so I started to bump up the dose but couldn't get it to come up.  Over the past week or two it has dropped from 10 to 8.2 this morning.

I had time today to inspect everything and what I found was disappointing. First, I found that the dosing line near the exit into the sump was clogged with a chuck of calcium carbonate, uggghhh.

But secondly, and most disturbingly was this.

1121770768_N7E1MzjSquvl71hlBt2vw.thumb.jpg.c0761e9c2297de155c21ad84a4d1655c.jpg

Yeh, black goo growing on the bottom of the container. Bacteria I suppose? I only had about 200 mL left out of the 1000 mL.

Was TM All For Reef bad for my tank? No, it definitely grew coral.

As seen here.

xc7EnW1iQru1LOf7ICpbHw.thumb.jpg.7ebc12c1218b9ccc09653cf8a164282e.jpg

With the clogged dosing line and bacteria growth inside the bottle, I'm not sure I can recommend this product anymore.

• Wow 1
20 hours ago, Travis said:

Well....problems....

The TM All The Reef has failed me...

My alk was dropping this past week so I started to bump up the dose but couldn't get it to come up.  Over the past week or two it has dropped from 10 to 8.2 this morning.

I had time today to inspect everything and what I found was disappointing. First, I found that the dosing line near the exit into the sump was clogged with a chuck of calcium carbonate, uggghhh.

But secondly, and most disturbingly was this.

1121770768_N7E1MzjSquvl71hlBt2vw.thumb.jpg.c0761e9c2297de155c21ad84a4d1655c.jpg

Yeh, black goo growing on the bottom of the container. Bacteria I suppose? I only had about 200 mL left out of the 1000 mL.

Was TM All For Reef bad for my tank? No, it definitely grew coral.

As seen here.

xc7EnW1iQru1LOf7ICpbHw.thumb.jpg.7ebc12c1218b9ccc09653cf8a164282e.jpg

With the clogged dosing line and bacteria growth inside the bottle, I'm not sure I can recommend this product anymore.

Hmm mold? Really? I didn't think mold would like to grow in that type of medium easily? That's weird. Maybe the container it comes in contributed somehow?

Do you think it clogs pumps easier? Seems like that could happen with any product?

I've had pretty much everything clog at one time or another. Kalk lines, calcium reactor lines, even had various alkalinity supplements from all the 2 parts either settle out, or clog. It's just the nature of the beast. 

Fungus and bacteria can grow in some pretty extreme environments. It's not reef, but we have a 2000 gallon tank of calcium chloride at work. Once a year we have to pump it down, climb in and wash all the mold (or whatever it is) that grows all over the tank. 

• Wow 1

If this works out, we have entered the Golden Age of reefing 

You guys do realise there has been a product on the market that does this for the last 15 years and has even more trace elements in it. Salifert all in one!

This product has been around since the early 2000s and nobody made a big deal about it. 

About All in One All in One can make the use of the so-called A and B calcium and alkalinity supplements unnecessary. It contains almost everything required for growth by corals and the beautiful encrusting pink and red coralline algae. All in One will increase the alkalinity (carbonate hardness), calcium, strontium, trace elements (except iodine) and amino acids concentrations. We explain the necessity of these below. Calcium, strontium, carbonate (alkalinity) and amino acids are the major constituents of calcareous algae, skeletal material of hard corals and the skeletal needles of soft/leather corals. Growth and multiplication of these organisms means depletion of those substances. The trace elements included in All in One allow organisms to carry out many biological processes. Manganese for instance is essential for the many biochemical reactions, which make photosynthesis possible. Iron is essential to many organisms for absorbing nutrients. Cobalt is essential for the formation of several coral pigments. Zinc is, like manganese essential for photosynthesis and is also used in the formation of calcium carbonate by corals. These are just a few of the trace elements present in All in One and we could give many more examples. This Supplement is highly concentrated and contains for example approx. 55,000 ppm calcium, corresponding amounts of biologically-activated bicarbonate and approx. 1000 ppm strontium. The calcium is acetate based and is converted within minutes to calcium bicarbonate. This unlike gluconate-based products. All ingredients are of a pharmaceutical quality or even better. This ensures that no unwanted elements are added to your valuable aquarium. Some other requirements Occasionally an additional boost of alkalinity with our KH+pH buffer is recommended to compensate for alkalinity lost by, e.g., decaying food. Also, iodine should be supplemented for excellent results. Directions: Shake before use.

• Like 1

I'm actually thinking about trying this. Im not too concerned about the clogging, that happens. And the goo, while unsightly, probably isn't anything harmful to reef inhabitants. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
Just now, RadReefs said:

So. . . hate to raise this from the dead. but did you give up on it? 

Haha, yeh I did. I switched over to ATI Essentials Pro two part. The tropic marine worked, but with the funky growth in the container, and the inability to raise Ca independently from Alk, made it not a good candidate for a tank like mine that doesn’t get frequent water changes.

Gotcha.  I've looked at the ATI as well.  I've got a big 210g w/ 40g sump that is running quite the frankenstein config.  wanted to make my nuvo20 stupid easy 🙂 Digging the Essentials Pro? 

3 minutes ago, RadReefs said:

Gotcha.  I've looked at the ATI as well.  I've got a big 210g w/ 40g sump that is running quite the frankenstein config.  wanted to make my nuvo20 stupid easy 🙂 Digging the Essentials Pro? 

Yes I am. It very concentrated. My tank only consumes 3 ml per day of each part. 

I gave up on it as well. I just couldn't dial it in, Alk was all over the place. Turns out, as Tropic Marin informed me, that the lag for the Alk to be metabolized can take a few days and therefore  it can take a while for it to balance out. I thought 24 hours would be enough before testing, hence my swings due to trying to adjust dosage. 

By the time Tropic Marin told me this in a thread on reef2reef I had already switched to b ionic. Having that info on the packaging would have been nice. It cost me a couple acros due to Alk spikes.