Pod Your Reef

Critique my young reef please!

RedPhotog

My reef is 6 months old this month and I would like to share a photo of my reef to hear some feedback from the community. I’m really interested to hear thoughts because I don’t have any hobbyists over to talk to me about how things look. Please be honest. This is the first tank I’ve had in over a decade, and my first system with coral. 

Im running a very simple 12 gallon tank with an Aquaclear 30 and some cut filter floss. That’s it. My biological filtration is LR and LS.  I have a Kessil A80 on a 12 hour cycle. There’s a 390 gph total flow with the HOB and a Koralia nano. I’ve been religious about a 20% water change every week and it’s working very well for me. 

B&W Clownfish

Candy Striped Pistol Shrimp

Hermits and Nassarrius Snails 

Elegance coral

Purple Haze Monti 

Blasto

Kenya Tree

Zoanthids 

FE3C6C85-7BA0-4568-8CEF-F7D09EDEC2CC.jpeg

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, RedPhotog said:

My reef is 6 months old this month and I would like to share a photo of my reef to hear some feedback from the community. I’m really interested to hear thoughts because I don’t have any hobbyists over to talk to me about how things look. Please be honest. This is the first tank I’ve had in over a decade, and my first system with coral. 

Im running a very simple 12 gallon tank with an Aquaclear 30 and some cut filter floss. That’s it. My biological filtration is LR and LS.  I have a Kessil A80 on a 12 hour cycle. There’s a 390 gph total flow with the HOB and a Koralia nano. I’ve been religious about a 20% water change every week and it’s working very well for me. 

B&W Clownfish

Candy Striped Pistol Shrimp

Hermits and Nassarrius Snails 

Elegance coral

Purple Haze Monti 

Blasto

Kenya Tree

Zoanthids 

FE3C6C85-7BA0-4568-8CEF-F7D09EDEC2CC.jpeg

Looks really nice so far. 😊 I like the Kenya Tree.  

• Thanks 1