dling

Shrimp and Goby combo

5 minutes ago, dling said:

Yea. I didn't think that would happen. I plan on getting another pistol shrimp after work today.

A LFS by where I work has them. The guy said their about 2 inches long,much bigger then one I had.

I dont know if the YWG is still alive. IT's 2.30am and all the lights are out. Hope so.

He's also very small.

Be prepared that the fish might kill this one too. Some fish are jerks. 

I'm hopping that the size of the shrimp will be enough to keep the wrasse away.

• Like 1

I have a small suggestion. How about you place the shrimp in a breeder box and observe your wrasse's reaction towards it? If the wrasse keeps pecking at the breeder box, then it's most likely he'll kill the shrimp again. If he ignores it though, then the shrimp *might be safe. Otherwise, you *might keep losing shrimp to your wrasse, no matter how many shrimp you buy. 

I thought about that. I wll need to find a breeder box. Thanks.

• Like 1

Just added the new tiger tiger pistol iin the tank.Hes much bigger then the other one.

15443086068703650178740629234816.jpg

• Like 1

Just added the new tiger tiger pistol iin the tank.Hes much bigger then the other one. Sadly I think the YWG may be dead. The next one will come from a LFS so I can see the size before I purchase it. 

How's the wrasse been with the new pistol?  six lines are super assholes.  I wouldn't be surprised if he killed your original YWG.   Especially in a smaller tank where territory is at a premium.  Your goby might still be alive and just hiding deep in your rock work since he doesn't have a pistol to dig him a home.  My YWG was only maybe an inch long in total when I got him and he acted super strange until I introduced a new pistol for him to bond too.  

I have a possum wrasse. He is super adorable, tiny, and the most peaceful but energetic fish I've ever seen.  So glad I got him instead of another more common wrasse species.  Only issue I have with him is he is super picky on eating.  Little bastard will only eat dried bloodworms.  Not mysis, krill, brine, flake, pellets, nothiinng eellseeee.   He does nom live amphipods though.  

The shrimp is in it hole and the goby has seen him. Im not sure how to get them together.

You don't.  They will find each other on their own and become best buds.  It can take anywhere from a day to many weeks too many months.  Don't try to force it or you risk one hurting the other.

Dive in and share your thoughts!

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recommended Discussions