Top Shelf Aquatics

New 13.5 gallon

Kalikikibebe

Hello everyone, 

I am new to owning a reef tank, and very excited to start this hobby! Between this forum and my hubby, I have already learned a lot! 

So far this is our setup: 

Fluval evo 13.5 with Protein skimmer and heater, a wave maker, three different sets of zoas (mainly orange—not sure how that happened), one larger ricordia yuma rock,  a cleaner shrimp, 5 hermits, and about 7 snails. 

We did move the zoas on the rock in the picture down to the base of the tank. They didn’t seem to like it up there. 

I really enjoy seeing everyone’s tanks! I can’t wait to add a few more corals and a fish or two, but I know patience is key. 

C94DFAE4-DE26-43F8-8176-248706878E77.jpeg

• Like 3

Thank you! I really like zoas, so most likely more of those in as many interesting colors as I can find. The ricordea rock I sat on the fence with for a while but after having it in my tank, it has grown on me. So if I can find another in a different hue there might be one more in the future. 

As far as fish, my hubby and I were thinking a pair of mated clownfish. 

Any recommendations on corals I should consider? 

13 hours ago, Kalikikibebe said:

Hello everyone, 

I am new to owning a reef tank, and very excited to start this hobby! Between this forum and my hubby, I have already learned a lot! 

So far this is our setup: 

Fluval evo 13.5 with Protein skimmer and heater, a wave maker, three different sets of zoas (mainly orange—not sure how that happened), one larger ricordia yuma rock,  a cleaner shrimp, 5 hermits, and about 7 snails. 

We did move the zoas on the rock in the picture down to the base of the tank. They didn’t seem to like it up there. 

I really enjoy seeing everyone’s tanks! I can’t wait to add a few more corals and a fish or two, but I know patience is key. 

C94DFAE4-DE26-43F8-8176-248706878E77.jpeg

Looks good so far! I like the sand. 🙂

Just now, Kalikikibebe said:

Thinking I am going to start a journal thread. We added some new additions to my tank today!

Do it!  We like lots of pics! 😀