inTank Media Baskets

Revamp Reef

righttirefire

righttirefire

Top down feeding...

Uploads didnt work this morning... and arent working tonight. So no pictures for you!

I think its on my phone side, not the forum side.

Got the alk under control. Ive alway fought alk from day 1... 3 years ago?

So I started dosing reef builder into my topoff water again. 2 or 3 weeks ago i was at around 6.2dKH? Today i was at a 9.0dKH, I started with 1 tsp per gallon into the topoff to jump start it. And it was coming up about 2 ppm a day or avout 0.1 dKH point. And than my float failed because of a snail so i had a bit of spike as alk dropped and salinity rouse. I should have topped off with none dosed rodi, but i topped off over 6 hours, which would have spiked alk, but only about .5dKH. So i reduces my dose to 1/2 tsp per gallon. And today i reduced it again to 1/4 tsp gallon. Again with waterchanges I should be reaching my stable point soon.

• Like 2
righttirefire

Apparently I need to turn up my nanobox, the BTAs are leaving to the sunshine.

Note: the striping on the wall is from the lighting and camera. Not actually striped wall

20190303_160611.jpg

• Like 3
mitten_reef
On 2/25/2019 at 8:10 PM, righttirefire said:

Dont tell CM, but i can post pictures again

20190224_101429.jpg

20190224_101422.jpg

That acan to the right on first pic 😍

Also so second pic, are those extra jumbo bubble algae?

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

That acan to the right on first pic 😍

Also so second pic, are those extra jumbo bubble algae?

Thats special grade bubble algae..............Limited Edition

• Haha 1
righttirefire
50 minutes ago, spectra said:

Thats special grade bubble algae..............Limited Edition

Im telling you... I'm about to try a one spot foxface. These worthless crabs. @spectra suggested vibrant. I have a few of those large bubble algeas and my overflow wall has a some. But overall im winning the war

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
righttirefire

@pgrVII

Lookie lookie!

Btas

Well its been a while. Everything is mostly on autopilot. The cost of corals locally is getting beyond my confort zone. I did coral friday, which its been a few months. A monti green with red/organe polyps, a acan with the yellow/gold/orange and purple mouth, and a cypastrea "blue" with the orange polyps

The screentop has doubled my topoff usage. Ive ramped up my light a little bit, I believe they are around 40 whites, and 120 on the other 3 channels. Up from about 40 whites and 90's blue/violet/cyan

20190324_091305.jpg

20190324_091325.jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
37 minutes ago, righttirefire said:

@pgrVII

Lookie lookie!

Btas

Well its been a while. Everything is mostly on autopilot. The cost of corals locally is getting beyond my confort zone. I did coral friday, which its been a few months. A monti green with red/organe polyps, a acan with the yellow/gold/orange and purple mouth, and a cypastrea "blue" with the orange polyps

The screentop has doubled my topoff usage. Ive ramped up my light a little bit, I believe they are around 40 whites, and 120 on the other 3 channels. Up from about 40 whites and 90's blue/violet/cyan

20190324_091305.jpg

20190324_091325.jpg

Nice dude! Really dig them!!

righttirefire
1 minute ago, Sancho said:

You need more clownfish  😘😂

I have the obligatory pair of clowns. Been with me over 3 years. Last 6 months they started biting.

• Haha 3
  • 1 month later...
righttirefire

Today the mantis got sent to live in the sump

@spectra its your turn to catch it now.

I know its a poor excuse for a refugium, but it gives a safe place for aptasia and bubble algea to grow. And cinnamon and green palys.

20190511_081106.jpg

20190511_081048.jpg

• Like 2