Top Shelf Aquatics

IM 20 Gallon Peninsula Office Tank (SPS Heavy)

FishyBiz

Figured it was time to share my little piece of the reef. This was my last office tank that was from 2010. 🤯

And this is my new tank.

IMG_8373.jpg

IMG_8375.jpg

IMG_5408.jpg

IMG_5399.jpg

Attachment-1.jpeg

IMG_5401.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

• Like 5
  • Wow 2
Christopher Marks

Wow this is a gorgeous system, welcome back @FishyBiz! How long has it been up and running now? Such a clean setup!

Your old 14gal custom office reef tank was quite remarkable too, what a cool build that was. I’m sure you’re enjoying the simplicity of an AIO system now though, how has it been getting back in the hobby?

3 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Wow this is a gorgeous system, welcome back @FishyBiz! How long has it been up and running now? Such a clean setup!

Your old 14gal custom office reef tank was quite remarkable too, what a cool build that was. I’m sure you’re enjoying the simplicity of an AIO system now though, how has it been getting back in the hobby?

Thanks. Tank is coming up on two years now. I think the biggest change coming back to the hobby was the lighting advancements. I do enjoy the ease of the AIO but would love to have a sump so I could add more equipment/water volume. A tank this size is hard to maintain when stocked this heavy. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, specore said:

Nice to see another flameback angel around here 🙂

Love the bird's nest as well

Thanks. Love the flameback but he is aggressive when adding other fish. The clowns and purple basslet have been fine but he has managed to chase off my purple fire fish and green chromis. 😒

Christopher Marks
5 minutes ago, FishyBiz said:

A tank this size is hard to maintain when stocked this heavy. 

No doubt, with all those SPS! What is your maintenance routine like for your nano reef? Any tips for other hobbyists with tanks at the office?

this is unbelievably pretty. i have the same tank and mine is less than 10% as pretty as yours. could you please share your maintenance routine and parameters? i would like to replicate. 

• Like 1
Just now, Christopher Marks said:

No doubt, with all those SPS! What is your maintenance routine like for your nano reef? Any tips for other hobbyists with tanks at the office?

I do a 5 gallon WC every Thursday and top off the 3 gallon ATO on Fridays. Replace filter sock and chemi-pure blue as needed (maybe once a month). I feed pellets daily (except for the weekends when I'm not in the office). I have a camera in the office so I can see/hear the tank. Sometimes the ATO will trip and when it does it will just start beeping like crazy. I have the ATO connected to a wifi plug that I can turn off/on with my phone to reset it when I'm out of the office. Also have a doser to dose Calcium and ALK. Right now I dose 10 mil of ALK and 8mil of calcium daily.

5 minutes ago, neontetra777 said:

this is unbelievably pretty. i have the same tank and mine is less than 10% as pretty as yours. could you please share your maintenance routine and parameters? i would like to replicate. 

The post above explains my maintenance. I only test for ALK, Calcium, and PH. Do you have a build journal so I can see your tank?

1 hour ago, FishyBiz said:

The post above explains my maintenance. I only test for ALK, Calcium, and PH. Do you have a build journal so I can see your tank?

I have not started one. I'm ashamed to present my tank at this stage. haha. thanks for sharing your maintenance routine. 

20 hours ago, FishyBiz said:

Thanks. Love the flameback but he is aggressive when adding other fish. The clowns and purple basslet have been fine but he has managed to chase off my purple fire fish and green chromis. 😒

Mine was the last fish I added and I haven't seen any sustained aggression.  However, my green chromis has been hiding in the front corner for the last two weeks so I suspect either the angel or the clown have been harassing him.  I think maybe my clown as she has been nesting the past few weeks, despite the fact she has no partner to breed with. 

19 hours ago, FishyBiz said:

I do a 5 gallon WC every Thursday and top off the 3 gallon ATO on Fridays. Replace filter sock and chemi-pure blue as needed (maybe once a month). I feed pellets daily (except for the weekends when I'm not in the office). I have a camera in the office so I can see/hear the tank. Sometimes the ATO will trip and when it does it will just start beeping like crazy. I have the ATO connected to a wifi plug that I can turn off/on with my phone to reset it when I'm out of the office. Also have a doser to dose Calcium and ALK. Right now I dose 10 mil of ALK and 8mil of calcium daily.

ESV B-Ionic, or something else?

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome tank.  I love the challenge of the colored sticks and in a smaller tank it's even more difficult.  Looks like you are running a hydra 52.  What are your settings and photoperiod?  Are you running a skimmer or just doing water changes?

• 1 year later...

Since we are all trapped at home I thought I would add a couple pics to this thread. Hope everyone is safe and doing well.

2GPTempDownload.JPG

1GPTempDownload.JPG

9GPTempDownload.JPG

8GPTempDownload.JPG

7GPTempDownload.JPG

6GPTempDownload.JPG

5GPTempDownload.JPG

4GPTempDownload.JPG

3GPTempDownload.JPG

• Like 6
  • Wow 4
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
mcashatt01

Amazing pictures and setup! What are you taking the pictures with. I'm really hoping you'll say your phone. I'm too lazy to break out my old a99.