SaltCritters.com

Acropora Reefer 170

k4ndyk1ng

39 minutes ago, East1 said:

That tortuousa looks awesome 

Thank you, only just picked that frag up so time will tell if it will stay looking that good!

• 3 weeks later...

Got a couple of new frags today, the first 2 have some funky colours irl and my poor phone is struggling to pick up the colours properly. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

• Like 1
9 hours ago, k4ndyk1ng said:

Got a couple of new frags today, the first 2 have some funky colours irl and my poor phone is struggling to pick up the colours properly. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I figured out yesterday that my Nikon can color correct up to 10,000 Kelvin.  I need to try some more shots without filters as soon as I get my XR15 fixed

If you stack a yellow and an orange filter over your cell phone lens, you can almost get the color right. Reds are turned orange though

I have a Tiffen 23A filter coming, it's a light red or pink filter.  Gonna try swapping that out for the orange.  The orange filter turns all my red corals orange(duh).

Nice system

2 hours ago, farkwar said:

I figured out yesterday that my Nikon can color correct up to 10,000 Kelvin.  I need to try some more shots without filters as soon as I get my XR15 fixed

If you stack a yellow and an orange filter over your cell phone lens, you can almost get the color right. Reds are turned orange though

I have a Tiffen 23A filter coming, it's a light red or pink filter.  Gonna try swapping that out for the orange.  The orange filter turns all my red corals orange(duh).

Nice system

Yeah, I'll need to get my hands on another filter, at the moment I use orange glasses just over the lens of my phone. I'd like to get into the photography side of things but it has a huge learning curve and I don't have the time. 

Also thanks for the kind words.