Coral Vue Hydros

Anyone selling micro brittle stars or spaghetti worms?

dilnepenthes

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any spare micro brittle stars and spaghetti worms they wouldn't mind selling off? I want to add some more biodiversity to my nano. I know IPSF has them for sale but paying over $40 plus an extra $30 for 6 stars and 6 worms is kinda ridiculous so i wanna see if anyones got a better deal.

Thanks

P.s wasn't sure which forum to post this on😂

ive got a couple of hitchhiking spaghetti worms, but theyre tiny and i rarely see them. also im in australia so shipping might be hard. sorry. hope you find some!

BTW the invert forum is definately the best to post this on

• Haha 1

Damn lol, well hopefully someone here in the states could help me out. They seem to be very common hitchhikers for everyone else except me:(.

Thanks anyway mate, and glad I picked the right forum😂

Lol, this weather is a curse, here in nyc the lows are in the mid 30s, definitely wouldn't wanna risk the critters lives without a heat pack. What color are the spaghetti worms?

I've flushed 2 red spaghetti worms in the last few weeks - 1 just a couple days ago.  

Is their like...a minimum amount of worms I'd need to find to make it worth the shipping?  I had no idea folks would actually WANT them. 

• Haha 1

Lol, yeah I've always been attracted to the more creepy sea life, things you'd find in tide pools, and not really big on fish. If u are able to find about 10 would be great:) Also how much would u want for them plus shipping?

Yeah i know that one can multiple quite readily once established, but i want a few to see if my Blue legged hermits will bother them or not, also sadly my lfs does not have maricultuerd frags:(

I just really scoped out my tank and apparently I have quite a few. I’ve never really noticed until now, and I’m a bit creeped out. 

I’ll stir up the sandbed really good this Saturday and see how many I come up. I get the feeling I’ll now have them forever. I’ll be sure to DM you. We can/could sort it out later,  but as long as you cover the shipping you can have as many as I can collect. 

• Thanks 1

That would be awesome, everyone seems so creeped out by these little guys, I think they're kind of cute because they make me feel like I have little graboids hiding in my sandbed searching for prey with their tentacles to drag into their mouths😂.

Thanks TatorTaco:)

Also since im not planning on owning coral, im wondering if anyone also has any asterina starfish, another common pest i can't seem to find, the only pest i could get readily are aptasia but even i don't like those😂

What city and state do you live in?  Here in phoenix we have a ton of local reef clubs and stuff.  That's where I go when I need weird shiz like this.   My wrasse eats all my worms though, the bastid.  I actually need to find some BIG bristle worms that won't fit in his cute possum mouth.  

• Haha 1

I've been trying to get micro brittle stars forever. I found some on Ebay but with the heat pack, the temp got to 92 degrees or so and they were DOA. Trying to get them replaced has been a comedy of errors lol.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I've been trying to get micro brittle stars forever. I found some on Ebay but with the heat pack, the temp got to 92 degrees or so and they were DOA. Trying to get them replaced has been a comedy of errors lol.  :rolleyes:

I would send you some but I literally can't figure out how I would catch them inside the rock. Maybe when I add cheato in the back I'll be able to collect some that way.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tamberav said:

I would send you some but I literally can't figure out how I would catch them inside the rock. Maybe when I add cheato in the back I'll be able to collect some that way.

I think that's how the seller I got them from keeps them, they came in some kind of mesh netting with some chaeto and I think a caulerpa variety. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lula_Mae said:

I think that's how the seller I got them from keeps them, they came in some kind of mesh netting with some chaeto and I think a caulerpa variety. 

The most I got from a chaeto clump was some copepod/amphipods:(

50 minutes ago, specore said:

Have you tried Indo-Pacific Sea Farms?  They have micro brittles and spaghetti worms (they call them Mama Mia Worms).

https://www.ipsf.com/reefworms.html

Lol, yeah I saw them but I'd rather make them my last resort since 6 individual stars and worms plus the shipping would be over $70. I want them, but not for that price😊.

I have brittles, spaghetti worms, and asteria stars-- Ill see if I can a meaningful number of brittles out. Probably dozens in my bubble trap foam, though I am not sure how I would coax them out. 

• Wow 1