Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

WV Reefer’s Teeny, Tiny and Dirty

WV Reefer

Quick set up straight out the box

C900C43B-3027-4E91-B5BD-2B333D72F207.thumb.jpeg.641f011c6eba717f9b6297e90b394e61.jpeg

Next to the 12 Long

3D975D92-0914-4E35-9AA5-E22D9C4B6497.thumb.jpeg.a7daaaa9f8342fa3fd600165a51b10ce.jpeg

Testing the heater and pump. Very quiet. 

B9CA277E-A4F0-4AB2-A369-801B359AC523.thumb.jpeg.4206e16b5b957ae0c660d9e6d40f913e.jpeg

My hood arrived broken and will have to be replaced. Light will still work but isn’t very stable.  I’m going to let it run for a day or so to check for temperature stability and then it will be time to mix water and add rocks! Yay!! 😃

• Like 4
  • Wow 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Wow that is really tiny lol 😀 I'm guessing a baby shark for it?? Maybe a shark and lionfish? Lol j/k.. Definitely can't wait to see what you do with 🙂

• Like 1
Just now, Wingy said:

I hope the company is sending a replacement.  Is the damage something that can be fixed with superglue for now?

No but it’s not that important. It can still operate until the part comes.  

Hopefully this is not a sign of difficult times ahead but I emailed the company regarding the broken part with pictures and they asked for packing photos. I did not take packing photos other than a picture of the box. They said I could skip the claims process and just pay to have it shipped to me.  🙄

26 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Hopefully this is not a sign of difficult times ahead but I emailed the company regarding the broken part with pictures and they asked for packing photos. I did not take packing photos other than a picture of the box. They said I could skip the claims process and just pay to have it shipped to me.  🙄

Huh?  They won’t pay for shipping on a damaged product?  Smh 

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
10 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Wow that's pretty messed up...☹️

8 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Im thinking predator tank. 

😂

Lol I'm rubbing off on you 😋

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Glad to hear they're taking care of it! It's such an adorable little system! 😍

Are you using the heater they sell or a different one?

I am using their heater.  I have it up and running to see how steady the temperature remains throughout the day.

• Like 1
On 12/3/2018 at 6:47 PM, WV Reefer said:

I am using their heater.  I have it up and running to see how steady the temperature remains throughout the day.

I got their heater as well. Let me know how yours goes as I don't think mines working well. It's been on for a few days and the temperature has at most gone up by a couple degrees. I've contacted them to see what they can do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Arquisto said:

I got their heater as well. Let me know how yours goes as I don't think mines working well. It's been on for a few days and the temperature has at most gone up by a couple degrees. I've contacted them to see what they can do.

Mine is holding at around 74......... not ideal but steady for now.  At first it shot up to 80 and then settled back down.  

Wow, that is tiny.  Never heard of these before but am sure a miniatus grouper would look great in there 🙂 

Accompanied by the obligatory clownfish pair...of course

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, specore said:

Wow, that is tiny.  Never heard of these before but am sure a miniatus grouper would look great in there 🙂 

Accompanied by the obligatory clownfish pair...of course

Well, if I get the clowns I’ll have to have an Anemone. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

Hmm, what is room temp?

I keep the furnace on 67° most of the time in the winter.  But the last week the temps outside have been crazy up and down so Im sure some of that is the reason.  

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Brrr 67°! I'm a desert dweller, freezing my butt off with the thermostat set to 73° 😄 

The savings on the gas bill is where my reef budget comes from! 😂

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
57 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Brrr 67°! I'm a desert dweller, freezing my butt off with the thermostat set to 73° 😄 

lol you'd hate to be in my house....64 during winter sometimes it'll bump it to 65.

• Wow 1