Top Shelf Aquatics

WV Reefer’s Teeny, Tiny and Dirty

WV Reefer

17 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

I have this and it seems steady so far

Thanks.  That’s probably what Ill do.  Just wanted to give this one a chance first. 

Hows your flow? I think I need a tiny powerhead. 😂

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Thanks.  That’s probably what Ill do.  Just wanted to give this one a chance first. 

MP40 LMAO :haha:

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I modded mine , will post pics when I get home.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Doesn't look the best with the tank being empty, but hopefully coral will hide it. Could also swap for clear tube so it blends with background. 

20181205_173912.thumb.jpg.5fd42383fa02991f60aa2b419b0dad80.jpg

Are you using the original pump with that situation?

Are you using the original pump with that situation?

yes , stock pump. its just airline tubing added to end of the barb. 

added video to last post.

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
1 hour ago, WV Reefer said:

Thank you. 

Did you notice the Q and A at the bottom?:

6313BECD-5797-42D4-B48B-C5E4484A0955.thumb.png.18f34c88e00238a2c5a6807a55b0a0c3.png

😂

I love reading the q&a on Amazon... Some very special people lol

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jbb_00 said:

yes , stock pump. its just airline tubing added to end of the barb. 

added video to last post.

Ok. That’s what I’m talking about! What temp you holding at? I’m gonna order that heater tonight. 

26 minutes ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I love reading the q&a on Amazon... Some very special people lol

Every once in awhile I find a gem.  😄

• Like 1
DSFIRSTSLTWATER

Every once in awhile I find a gem.  😄

I was looking at Chromebooks on Amazon earlier and I found some not so smart people lol. More than I should have

• Like 1

Im in Toronto so with winter here my room temp is about 64F atm. I'll keep an eye on my tank but I may have to look at getting another heater. I did contact Cunzo who supplies the tank and they gave a quick and well detailed answer. So their customer service has been  pretty good.

Here is their reply in case it helps anyone else:

Reply from Cunzo on my heater issue:

"1, the fish tank temperature needs to be controlled between 20-30, preferably 22-26
2, room temperature higher than 18 degrees can be used without a heater, below 18 degrees recommended a heater.
3. The heater comes with a 25 degrees built-in temperature control, but cannot be adjusted, not very accurate, when the room temperature is higher than 20, it may be heated to 30 degrees or higher;
4. The heater power is only 7.5W and only 1 degree is used in one week. The power of the heater is relatively low. When the room temperature is lower than 10 degrees, the heating may be insufficient. The bottom tank may be insulated by a bubble film or a carton.
5. Customers who keep seawater organisms or creatures with higher temperature requirements are advised to purchase an external electronic temperature control (we don't it at the moment, please buy it at other stores)

Special Note: Do not put the thermometer together with the heater chip. Otherwise, it is measured that the temperature of the heater chip is not the temperature of the water body. It is recommended to place the thermometer probe in the middle of the cotton or test the temperature of the upper tank."
  • Like 1