ReefCleaners.org

If you don't want to hear my obnoxious story skip down to the bottom, but the story does provide background) So I have never kept a reef aquarium but I have kept (and still maintain) many of the most challenging freshwater species (like discus if you are from that side of the hobby) and I look corals and corals and the inverts are the reasons I always loved looking at reef threads and watching builds, but it from my stand point it never warranted me getting one manly because I would need to do things like mix RODI water, get super expensive lights and drop loads on corals. But about a month back I wandered into a Saltwater exclusive store and was blown away by how much cooler these things looked in person then through a computer screen. And the only fish that really made me do wow (I was mostly attracted to corals and shrimps) where a Yellow cores wrasse in there 3000 gallon display along with a Flame angel and after hearing that these fish are a little more on the easy side of care I wondered if I could house them in my favorite tank which I already decided I would purchase after reading into it and seeing my friends display with one, And that tank is the Innovative Marine 25 gallon Lagoon. I love this size because I feel that it has enough space but I can still light it with one AI prime LED fixture (my favorite fixture) and its not so big so while I start out I can just purchase my water from my LFS. So I've done about a year of research now I think I am ready.

Long story short can I house either (or both but I doubt it) A flame angel or Yellow Corris Wrasse in a IM lagoon 25 with like a Shrimp goby pair and a Firefish? (this will be a coral reef) the Dimensions of the tank are 24x20x12 and there will be about 30 pounds of LR and more than enough filtration (ghost skimmer, filter socks, chemipure blue, Seachem matrix, and possible a reactor or Fuge)

Any response is much appreciated!

Angels sometimes pick at corals...mostly lps but can affect polyp extension on SPS too. Some have success and others not so much so keep that in mind. Bigger tanks see less damage or none simply because the picking is spread out among many corals.

It's a bit small for max size fish...no way a supermale yellow coris with the neon green head armor would really be appropriate. If you are happy with a small juvi...that would be better...mine grew very slow. 

Can't comment on the angel...I don't often purchase them as I don't want to deal with possible nipping. 

28 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Angels sometimes pick at corals...mostly lps but can affect polyp extension on SPS too. Some have success and others not so much so keep that in mind. Bigger tanks see less damage or none simply because the picking is spread out among many corals.

It's a bit small for max size fish...no way a supermale yellow coris with the neon green head armor would really be appropriate. If you are happy with a small juvi...that would be better...mine grew very slow. 

Can't comment on the angel...I don't often purchase them as I don't want to deal with possible nipping. 

Alright, I might try a small yellow corris, they are my favorite fish. And knowing me I might upgrade I a year or two... But I might do Yellow Corris, Firefish, goby shrimp pair, and a neon goby.