Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Smiz's Mini Complete Tank

smiz

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, Friendly said:

why not consider making a DIY sump that fixes the salt creep?

I was considering this. Couldn't really come up with a great idea to keep the look intact but have it actually work....

57 minutes ago, smiz said:

Kind of considering breaking down.....I've gotten no response from manufacturer about my salt creep issue. This was what happened over a 4 day time period.

412B8B15-64E7-4D68-A027-F1F49BE6890C.jpeg

Holy sh*t! Mine has salt creep around the entire seam but not like that. 

2 hours ago, jbb_00 said:

is the tank completely seated / locked into the sump ? Looks like the right side is not completely in there and it is leaning.  

It was. It seems to me that the salt build up caused it to possibly pop out of the base???? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, smiz said:

It was. It seems to me that the salt build up caused it to possibly pop out of the base???? 

I used this to put a small bead of silicone around the tank . I have since taken the tank off of the stand but left the silicone intact and I have zero creep around the tank. I do have a small amount back by where the cords go into the sump but I could easily seal that as well. 20190220_144501.thumb.jpg.8eac4286655c66ba7502470afa5d9541.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 3:45 PM, jbb_00 said:

I used this to put a small bead of silicone around the tank . I have since taken the tank off of the stand but left the silicone intact and I have zero creep around the tank. I do have a small amount back by where the cords go into the sump but I could easily seal that as well. 20190220_144501.thumb.jpg.8eac4286655c66ba7502470afa5d9541.jpg

Might have to give this a go!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Friendly said:

for the silicon? I thought that was the baster to help clean things up when time to do a water change! 

🤣 No baster here, I pull the NanoRox out and pour water across them to rinse any debris. 

The small applicator helps lay a tiny bead perfect for that issue. I use those to patch leaking HEPA filters at work . 

1 hour ago, Christopher Marks said:

How has the little tank been holding up despite the salt creep issue @smiz?

Other wise been good! Coral looks really good and is spreading. Only downside is the salt issue.

• 2 months later...
On 5/14/2019 at 5:30 PM, Christopher Marks said:

Hey @smiz, is your wee mini complete tank pico reef still up and running these days? How has it been going?

No 😞 the salt creep was too much for me to handle so I ended up breaking down. Hoping they come out with a better design at some point.

• Sad 1