ReefCleaners.org

Name This Coral!

TripleTrouble

TripleTrouble

Hi - recently picked up these two frags but I have no idea what they are!  Ones a birds nest - seems like a yellow green color (seriatopora I think) but not certain of the other acro. It’s a dark green. Trying to figure this out so I can provide the best tank placement. Thanks for your help! 

(The lighting doesn’t do the color justice)

E61CF506-E4B3-4011-A292-1C9E64513B6D.jpeg

95134D9C-4400-46AB-AAC5-9C9CB734FC42.jpeg

9AC7C2B7-E002-40C7-996C-97E2DDE0DE60.jpeg

TripleTrouble
1 hour ago, patback said:

The shaggyness and shape of the points make me say poccilopora rather than birdsnest. 

Good call @patback  From what I’ve read it seems it’s relatively tolerant of various lighting however good flow a must. Any experience with it?  Thank you. 

TripleTrouble
7 hours ago, Griever said:

I vote for naming it Ned.

It pains me to ask this bc I like to think I have healthy sense of quick, ironic humor....but I’m just missing it here. 😒 plus I hate to ruin a good joke.  Why Ned?

TripleTrouble
51 minutes ago, empresto said:

Your post is titled 'Name this coral!' 😉

Carl would be a good name for the other one.

Ha!  Talk about not seeing the forest through the trees. Thanks for pointing that out. 

Ned and Carl it is. 

I relaized after i should have posted this in the identification forum and mistakenly put it in with tank journals. 

That said....still hoping someone can help me ID Carl (the green one (although, maybe I should be asking Carl how it identifies itself to keep it PC 🙂)). 

• Haha 1