Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Red Sea Nano Max

kurtjeee

Hi, my name is Kurt and i live in Belgium, today i bought myself the red sea nano max and hope to get started soon.

Any people running these nano can always help my by providing me extra information of does and donts....

Looking forward to the next step.

46482566_1922557441167082_6413193437801086976_n.jpg

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, kurtjeee said:

Hi, my name is Kurt and i live in Belgium, today i bought myself the red sea nano max and hope to get started soon.

Any people running these nano can always help my by providing me extra information of does and donts....

Looking forward to the next step.

46482566_1922557441167082_6413193437801086976_n.jpg

Very nice! 😊

Just putted my first rock in; on the other side i will put a Real reef rock and then try to make a bridge with another real reef rock between those 2;

How to i get everything started the best way..

With bacteries should i put in,? Lights out probably?

All advice is welcome

46846516_1148793308632424_5251736372888207360_n.jpg

I swear by Fritz Turbo Start 900 and Dr. Tim's One and Only if Fritz isn't available at your LFS. One and Only may come with a bottle of ammonium chloride solution if you order online from what I've heard, but I've always purchased in store. If not, the solution is on amazon for $10> if I remember correctly. A bottle will last you around 2 lifetimes in the hobby. 

I've always heard lights off to prevent nuisance algae growth, but my take & practice is you're going to get it anyways, and it's a good indication of where you are in the cycle. I usually leave them on just to have something to do when I have to clean stuff off the glass but someone else's experience might be valuable for you to weigh mine against. I'm trying out Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7 along with One and Only, so I'll let you know if it speeds anything up.

9 hours ago, LegalReef said:

I swear by Fritz Turbo Start 900 and Dr. Tim's One and Only if Fritz isn't available at your LFS. One and Only may come with a bottle of ammonium chloride solution if you order online from what I've heard, but I've always purchased in store. If not, the solution is on amazon for $10> if I remember correctly. A bottle will last you around 2 lifetimes in the hobby. 

I've always heard lights off to prevent nuisance algae growth, but my take & practice is you're going to get it anyways, and it's a good indication of where you are in the cycle. I usually leave them on just to have something to do when I have to clean stuff off the glass but someone else's experience might be valuable for you to weigh mine against. I'm trying out Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7 along with One and Only, so I'll let you know if it speeds anything up.

thanks for the info...will have a look at it

4 hours ago, kurtjeee said:

thanks for the info...will have a look at it

Hey Kurt, firtz products aren't available in Belgium. Take a look at prodibio start up nano.

Good luck with your max nano!

7 hours ago, Rory282 said:

Hey Kurt, firtz products aren't available in Belgium. Take a look at prodibio start up nano.

Good luck with your max nano!

thanks rory for looking it up for me... really nice, the prodibio product we have overhere, i was already checking them out..