Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

How much damage can a hammer coral deal

Gtrain

So I have this wall hammer that’s just taking out anything I try put near it. It took out two frogspawn one after another. Then was a nice acan colony that filled a small rock out nicely so decided on a spot that would suit it well. It happened to be near the gangster hammer coral. The reason I thought it would be ok was had not seen any real long sweepers out on the suspect.

Anyways that acan bit the dust and I was not happy after that so everything else has been kept well away. That was expect for the hammer I placed next to it in the same spot the previous frog spawns where. It lasted almost a year doing well. Till last week the side closer to it no longer extended then a couple days later only a small position of the whole coral inflated. Today it met the bin as it was completely deflated for the little that remained. 

My my main question is do Euphyllia coral sting each other cause the spot next to it is now empty and I want another hammer to replace the one I lost. The culprit is the green stem in the pics

62F0F2AA-F6A2-49CF-BEA8-C1FA548F99C9.jpeg

E2111675-05D5-403A-A8D3-191C5634A6E1.png

01BE6DB7-04E7-4F24-978E-E93E678F00E5.png

I've never had an issue between frogspawn and hammers. It's not common for them to sting each other, torches are commonly kept away from other euphyllia. 

A frogspawn/hammer can sting other corals.

• Like 1

Yeah got a torch which is all by himself now over the other side of the tank. Thinking maybe it was lighting but still not sure going to keep a eye on the other euphyllia for a couple weeks and see how the react to the extra prime light