SaltCritters.com

Anemone questions

Noobreefer90

So I bought my first anemone yesterday pink tip Condy. A hour after moving it into take it moved about 3 inch’s it hasn’t moved any today do you think it found it’s spot it likes don’t really wanna add anymore corals in there till it finds its spot. Had to move my green star polyps 

Aquarium Care Center

There is no telling if it will move or not.. some species like bubble tip anemones are known to not move nearly as much unless disturbed or a change of environment occurs. Other species, like the condy - seem to continually move periodically for no reason at all. 

Wish you would have run that past us first.  I would have suggested a rock flower or mini carpet anemone instead.  While often quite stunning to look at, Condylactis anemones tend to wonder around and sting coral or other anemones (sometimes even fish).  I think most are probably purchased at local stores where an employee fails to warn customers of its behavior.

On the plus side, green star polyps might be one of the better corals to keep as a tank mate.  And maybe stick to Caribbean fish which might know what it is (maybe like a royal gramma). :unsure:

• Like 2
On 11/17/2018 at 7:22 PM, seabass said:

Wish you would have run that past us first.  I would have suggested a rock flower or mini carpet anemone instead.  While often quite stunning to look at, Condylactis anemones tend to wonder around and sting coral or other anemones (sometimes even fish).  I think most are probably purchased at local stores where an employee fails to warn customers of its behavior.

On the plus side, green star polyps might be one of the better corals to keep as a tank mate.  And maybe stick to Caribbean fish which might know what it is (maybe like a royal gramma). :unsure:

+1 on sticking with carribean fish. they will prolly know what it is and know to avoid it

Wait. By my calculations your tank has been running for about 4-6 weeks. Thats way too soon to be adding a ‘nem, especially a condi. ‘Nems need well seasoned and mature tanks to really do well. I believe ur getting ahead of yourself. Jmho.

• Like 1