Pod Your Reef

Favorite Red Coral

Joevember

Was sitting next to my tank and planning future corals, and I thought, "You know what would look good? Anything but more green!"

So I'm thinking of adding some new red colors in there to try to even it out. I know there is an awesome red goniopora, but the sweepers would be too long for my tank. What kind of red corals would you put into my tank? Or just what is your favorite red coral?

Here's a recent tank pic for reference

20181112_163449.jpg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, A Little Blue said:

Rainbow Beach Bum monti, Bubblegum Digitata, Setosa, Red Capricornis monti

are all easy SPS if you want to mix things up a bit.

Thanks for those names, I'll be looking out for a digi now! I'm actually picking up a setosa on sunday, it's a pink and orange color. 

• Like 1
On 11/16/2018 at 7:22 AM, Humblefish said:

There are some nice looking red Monti caps and mushrooms if you like soft corals.

+1 on the mushrooms. great beginner coral and dont sting anything. even heard of clowns hosting them. i had a nice red one, but it detached from the rock (they do that sometimes) and reattached somewhere else where i cant see it. theyre really easy to propagate and look awesome.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, BlennyBoi said:

+1 on the mushrooms. great beginner coral and dont sting anything. even heard of clowns hosting them. i had a nice red one, but it detached from the rock (they do that sometimes) and reattached somewhere else where i cant see it. theyre really easy to propagate and look awesome.

some mushrooms will win the war over acans so do be careful with mushrooms.

13 minutes ago, ninjamyst said:

some mushrooms will win the war over acans so do be careful with mushrooms.

Yeah, I never got into mushrooms because they multiply so fast. Don't really want softies anyways.