Top Shelf Aquatics

20 Long Nano "Budget" Build *Picture Heavy*

ccejka

Short lived... 5.5 gallon is leaking from the bottom going to try and seal the cracks... On the plus side it is able to run on the on drain at the same pump speed. 1227181907.thumb.jpg.c2ac0797871485238c4eca97ec41aefb.jpg

49 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Nice build! What overflow did you use? It looks really good. And I like the stacked 5g/10g approach.

I used the eshopps eclipse l drilled overflow. 

That was the best way for me to get everything I wanted into this system and not have a stand bigger than it needed to be. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, ccejka said:

I used the eshopps eclipse l drilled overflow. 

That was the best way for me to get everything I wanted into this system and not have a stand bigger than it needed to be. 

Thanks! I've been thinking of using that overflow for a future build 🙂

1 hour ago, Ladytank said:

Your gsp will take over that rock and anything that rock is touching besides the sand. 

My goal this weekend is to free it off that rock and move it to the back wall of thr aquarium. 

• Like 1

Just a quick update will post pictures next week.

Received all my coral and they are looking happy in the sand bed for now. Give them a week or so then plan to place them on the aquascape. 

Also got a custom ato reservoir that fits all tucked in my stand. 

Was thinking about changing lights but figured with a mainly LPS tank I would just add a 2nd light and run them a bit lower. Also adding a 3rd wave pump. Going to run 2 660 gph opposite of each other in a surge pattern and then a 1050 gph pump turned down towards the surface of the water. 

• Like 4
On 1/11/2019 at 11:05 PM, ccejka said:

Just a quick update will post pictures next week.

Received all my coral and they are looking happy in the sand bed for now. Give them a week or so then plan to place them on the aquascape. 

Also got a custom ato reservoir that fits all tucked in my stand. 

Was thinking about changing lights but figured with a mainly LPS tank I would just add a 2nd light and run them a bit lower. Also adding a 3rd wave pump. Going to run 2 660 gph opposite of each other in a surge pattern and then a 1050 gph pump turned down towards the surface of the water. 

Thats really close to what I'm doing. Just got my second light in today and I have two of the 1050gph pumps in a surge/gyre configuration.

And just an fyi, dim your light settings before hooking up the second light. I didnt and my zoas immediately closed.

1 hour ago, Slim64684 said:

Thats really close to what I'm doing. Just got my second light in today and I have two of the 1050gph pumps in a surge/gyre configuration.

And just an fyi, dim your light settings before hooking up the second light. I didnt and my zoas immediately closed.

I cut the slot tonight for the light deeper tonight so I could slide it the back of the tank. Going to sandblast it and cerakote them black tomorrow to prevent it from rusting. 

What are you running them at right now I was planning to turn them down but just wasn't sure what I was going to run them.

40 minutes ago, ccejka said:

I cut the slot tonight for the light deeper tonight so I could slide it the back of the tank. Going to sandblast it and cerakote them black tomorrow to prevent it from rusting. 

What are you running them at right now I was planning to turn them down but just wasn't sure what I was going to run them.

I just cut my single light levels in half. A little more on the white channel. I'd have to check my notes to give you specific levels, but I will get those to you.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Slim64684 said:

Current settings in red,green,blue,white

Daylight: 10,10,50,15

Sunrise/set: 10,10,20,5

Night: 0,0,5,0

Thanks just waiting on the UPS man to bring my light then I will but throwing it on. Might have to sell the 1050 for a 660 can't seem to find a spot that it doesn't case to much flow for how the coral are placed right now. 

Just got my Kessil H80 Tuna Flora on a 12 your reverse cycle. Had a cheap finnex that i had to manually turn on and off. Found a lot of good reviews about this light so figured I would give it a try.

Let's see this ball of chaeto grow baby grow! 

0123190010_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

Doing the weekly water change and testing notice my calcium levels are sitting pretty low going to test through out the week and possibly do a second water change during the week. 

50670679_284792602185564_2501688982425829376_n.thumb.jpg.521e62740e1b527288e1699fcadeeb3e.jpg

Parameters to night 

At 2030 before the water change

Temp 76.6

Salinity 1.024

PH 8

NO2 0.00 PPM

NO3 0.00 PPM

NH3/NH4 0.00 PPM

PO3-4 0.00 PPM

CA2 340 PPM

KH 8 dKH

Mixed water 3-3.5 gallons of Red Sea Coral Pro salt mixed per their instructions.

PH 8.4

CA2 380 PPM

KH 8.4 dKH

At 2146 after the water change tank cycling water for 30 - 45 min.

PH 8.2

CA2 360 PPM

KH 8.2 dKH

50771870_2153757364841940_4367629776052027392_n.jpg.4a700ba253b905b848696663be6102d2.jpg

Last week my CA2 was 340 PPM before the water change and then 360-380 PPM after the water change. 

What's your magnesium at? From what I've read, that has a stabilizing effect on calcium and alk. Also would it be possible to take a sample to a LFS to confirm that your test kit is reading correctly?