Cultivated Reef

Reactor for Im peninsula 14

Ty.

I don't want to run chaeto so I like the idea of a media reactor. I already run purigen and chemipure blue in my media rack, and have a mighty jet return pump and a tunze ato float in the return chamber, so the reactor would have to share the middle chamber with my cobalt 75w heater.  I'm mainly looking to run gfo (maybe mixed with some carbon?) so I wouldn't need a giant reactor. What will work in my space? 

I would prefer to try to keep it as silent as posiable, and in the tank also. 

I have looked at the innovative marine one and like the removable center chamber, but have herd bad things about the reliability of the pumps. Is ther any truth to this? 

I ordered the IM reactor and some kolar labs gfo, they should.be here Tuesday.

As far as carbon goes can I use any old activated carbon, or should I look for ssomething reef specific? 

14 gallon tank.  No need for reactor or skimmer imo.  Just regular water change and you should be fine.  No need to run chemipure blue AND gfo.  Chemipure blue has phosphate removing component in it already.  But if you want to run gfo, just use regular carbon like seachem matrix carbon.  Just make sure you are not over stripping your tank of nutrients.  I made the same mistake when I first started and used way too much chemical media.