Innovative Marine Aquariums

New kids on the block

dling

1 hour ago, dling said:

20181113_151226.jpg

Not trying to scare you, but check that one close for PM. I can't tell by the pic you have, but I see a small part of the mantle withdrawn. Left side of the pic.

• Like 1

Will do. I call the company I ordered them from. Sent the pic that you mentioned as a possible problem.

Hoping to hear back from them. Really hoping there's no problem.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

If it turns out to be PM, the other clam will likely follow. Keep on the company that sold you it. That way you'll be able to get your money back for both. 

Since we're discussing PM, you won't be able to keep claims in that system again. Ever. That is, unless you remove all mollusc type inverts, and leave the system without for an extended period. That's snails, clams, oysters, muscles, you get the idea. The parasite can live in all of them. 

I've heard of people heavily filtering their systems to remove all traces of iron. I can't say if that works, or not.

Man!!!! Now I really hope that there's no problem. Because that's a big one. I guess only time will tell. Fingers X that all's well.

Thank you for all the help. I will post any updates.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry to say there both dead.  Not sure what happend. They were good when I left home to travel on Wednesday ,when I got home Saturday they were dead. Im very sad about it. I really wanted a clam or two. I lost the two crocea I had during a power outage last year.

Live aquaria has sent me a full refund. They have crocea's in stock now but Im afraid to order a clam so small after what has happened.

As far as the PM both clams where fine Live Aquaria  did reply to my photo and said that the clam was fine .

• Sad 1
On 11/27/2018 at 2:35 AM, dling said:

Sorry to say there both dead.  Not sure what happend. They were good when I left home to travel on Wednesday ,when I got home Saturday they were dead. Im very sad about it. I really wanted a clam or two. I lost the two crocea I had during a power outage last year.

Live aquaria has sent me a full refund. They have crocea's in stock now but Im afraid to order a clam so small after what has happened.

As far as the PM both clams where fine Live Aquaria  did reply to my photo and said that the clam was fine .

I ordered three from Pacific East Aquaculture, I had great luck with them in the past. I have different tanks now so we'll see. 

Ofc my 1st clam from them was a WILD collected 6 inch maxima and wild is supposed to be harder, but that thing was tough as nails! I can't seem to find any large ones though :( I had a 4 inch crocea from salt critter that did great too.

No idea what to think with these little guys. How big were yours?

Both were under 2 inches. Im expecting a crocea today. It's also under 2 inches. The crocea is what I really want because my

tank's only 3 feet long. I'm really hope that this goes better.In the end I want 2 crocea. I'm doing 1 at a time this time . Fingers X.

I give Live Aquaria 2 thumbs for their customer service.They gave me a refund for the loss of the other 2 very quickly.

3 hours ago, dling said:

15435898923602029204903538783098.jpg

Goodluck! Keep us posted! 

My tank is pretty small two but will only have it up and running another 2 years as we'll be moving so I'll sell off whatever doesn't die 😛 

Yes. Their customer service is awesome. So I went back. Im currently looking at a goby/shrimp combo on their web site.

I gave up on the combo. I'm afraid that the shrimp would be a problem for the snails and crabs.

23 minutes ago, dling said:

Yes. Their customer service is awesome. So I went back. Im currently looking at a goby/shrimp combo on their web site.

23 minutes ago, dling said:

How big was the clam they sent? Any idea where it came from? ORA? Indonesia? ect? It was from LA and not the Diver's Den section, right?

Sorry for all the questions, if the clam makes it and proves to be healthy I am just asking in case I pick up a croeca eventually. 

it between 2 and 2.5 inches. It came from Indonesia I believe . And it was Divers Den,sorry. But the log in from LA shows the order history and thats who I spoke

to about to other clams dying. The Crocea was 179.00 with a 20% off offer it came to 155.00 and it was free shipping.

Seem DD and LA are the same thing.

31 minutes ago, dling said:

it between 2 and 2.5 inches. It came from Indonesia I believe . And it was Divers Den,sorry. But the log in from LA shows the order history and thats who I spoke

to about to other clams dying. The Crocea was 179.00 with a 20% off offer it came to 155.00 and it was free shipping.

Seem DD and LA are the same thing.

Same company but the clams are kept in different locations...so was just wondering.

I hope it does well for you. Not to scare you but there are a lot of complaints about DD clams longevity so I would wait a good long while to make sure this one lives.