ReefCleaners.org

B's Mini Reef Bro Utopia

jbb

TheCauldrenKeeper
5 hours ago, smiz said:

what heater is this?? I order the stock heater. No idea if it will work out or not. Also how long did it take you to receive yours?

I found the stock heater over heats got to 30 Deg C,(86F)

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, TheCauldrenKeeper said:

I found the stock heater over heats got to 30 Deg C,(86F)

20 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Mine under heats. 😄

highest temp I have seen so far is 80 , but its usually around the 78 mark. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

highest temp I have seen so far is 80 , but its usually around the 78 mark. 

Mine comes tomorrow.  I hope to have it up and running with saltwater this weekend.  

• Like 2
On 12/11/2018 at 2:19 PM, smiz said:

what is the flow mod? just a 1/8 tube?

I took the slotted piece out and just drilled through the solid divider. I just used air line tubing from petsmart, but will be switching it to clear acrylic tubing for a cleaner look.

On 11/15/2018 at 6:22 AM, DaveFason said:

I can't even. 😛 

Wonder what one of your tiny lights would look like Over this mini tank? Would you have to make a mini nano box? 🙂

Edited by waldoz
Whoops should have said over... :)
10 minutes ago, waldoz said:

Wonder what one of your tiny lights would look like under this mini tank? Would you have to make a mini nano box? 🙂

If you are talking about a refugium type light, I wouldn't recommend it . You would need a submersible light for that, there is too much moisture / humidity to allow anything else to work. 

I   totally  didn't   see that   because   I was  so excited  to see this  micro  tank.  I  am sure he could  make a smaller   one prob have to call it micro tide. LoL  I  asked  on one of the other threads if any one had a par meter  to test the stock blue light. I  am sure  someone  will. ☺

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Arquisto said:

@WV Reefer let me know how much evaporation you're getting. I did my water change this week and saw that the sump was almost all dry. Wish they made it see through so we can tell. Glad all corals are really Hardy.

It goes pretty fast.  I find myself lifting up the tank to check periodically.  

I have a tiny funnel that I can put in the return to pour my top off water down the back so that I don’t have to take it apart each time.  

• Like 1

I would love to put one of these on my office desk. Would one be able to keep two sexy shrimp in there long-term? How much does one feed a tank like this (like one pellet per week)? Super interesting to follow you along!

Is the sump part worth it compared to a cheaper quarter/half-gallon pico tank?

1 hour ago, pieceofreef said:

I would love to put one of these on my office desk. Would one be able to keep two sexy shrimp in there long-term? How much does one feed a tank like this (like one pellet per week)? Super interesting to follow you along!

You would have to feed more often for sexies, or they'll be set on eating your corals.

6 hours ago, pieceofreef said:

sexy shrimp could be done, but as @Joevember said it will take more than one pellet per week to keep them happy. More feedings could be managed fairly easily with targeted feedings, and religious water changes. 

The sump is actually better than expected. They provide 2 baffles that are removable, and can be positioned in multiple slots depending on your needs. The down side is not being able to see inside for top-off without removing the entire tank from the stand. 

• Like 4