Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

B's Mini Reef Bro Utopia

jbb

Ordered the wrong part for the ato , so I will have to wait a few more days on that idea. Tying to plan the scape is tough , it needs to be low profile enough to allow upward growth, but I also want a little depth to it. Very hard to accomplish in such a tight space. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Ordered the wrong part for the ato , so I will have to wait a few more days on that idea. Tying to plan the scape is tough , it needs to be low profile enough to allow upward growth, but I also want a little depth to it. Very hard to accomplish in such a tight space. 

Piccorox? 😉 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, NanoRox said:

Piccorox? 😉 

They're too big , or I would be all over it. Between the overflow / return boxes there is only 3.75" of width and the tank is only 2.75" front to back. I would basically only have room for one of them and it would take up most of the tank. 

:somber:

Any height will be dramatic in such a small space.  How about a flat piece of rubble about the size and height of a skipping stone or several pieces of rubble about that thickness stacked to make a shelf along the length?  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2018 at 2:08 PM, Wingy said:

jbb do you have yours together and running yet?  I am curious on just how much the pump moves the water and how much noise it makes.  

much better flow with the tubing mod

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, Arquisto said:

Hey Jbb thanks for that!

Edit: asked for photo of the heater forgot you showed it earlier.

The earlier photo is of a larger heater. When it was mentioned of issues running it horizontal I got nervous and pulled it for a different one. I will get pics of the new one for you tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, jbb_00 said:

The earlier photo is of a larger heater. When it was mentioned of issues running it horizontal I got nervous and pulled it for a different one. I will get pics of the new one for you tomorrow. 

Awesome thanks!

52 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

What is the water level like in the sump beneath the tank? The way the overflow is positioned, it seems you could risk overflowing the sump if the power to the pump goes out?

It’s possible for sure......That is one of the tests I will be running. 

• Like 1

Actually you don't see it clear in that video but the actual overflow is positioned higher than where you see those slots on the left. So risk isn't too much. I can try to take a clearer photo of mine if you want.

• Like 2