inTank Media Baskets

B's Mini Reef Bro Utopia

jbb

4 hours ago, Ladytank said:

I saw one of these tanks on the king of DIY like 2 months ago. I believe it was even smaller.

It's the exact same tank as the one Joey has 

Thunder Goose

I have a pico tank with Opae ulna "supershrimp." It started life as a TLC chamber (sorry no picts, it's still new and covered in algae right now). I keep it mostly covered and I don't have an issue with evaporation. I keep it brackish for these guys and, once I'm happy with it, it will go on my desk at work.

If you're going full salt you can try Opae ulna - I'm not sure how they do in that - or I'll second the Pederson's. I have a couple in my nano and they're fun to watch and they take food from my fingers at dinner time.

Following and looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

• Like 4
Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
6 hours ago, Thunder Goose said:

I have a pico tank with Opae ulna "supershrimp." It started life as a TLC chamber (sorry no picts, it's still new and covered in algae right now). I keep it mostly covered and I don't have an issue with evaporation. I keep it brackish for these guys and, once I'm happy with it, it will go on my desk at work.

If you're going full salt you can try Opae ulna - I'm not sure how they do in that - or I'll second the Pederson's. I have a couple in my nano and they're fun to watch and they take food from my fingers at dinner time.

Following and looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

I 100% second this!

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Tamberav said:

How about some of those opae ulna or whatever they are called super shrimp? I believe they can he acclimated to full salt and live 20 years! May have to pick coral that can't eat them though...aka no big lps mouths.

I believe full salt is known to shorten their lifespans but they certainly are an ideal size for this tank.  I love my little group of Opae ula.

I would also suggest a Pederson's shrimp and maybe pom pom crab.  The Pederson's will be out in the open and fun to watch.  Most pom pom crabs hide a lot but not all of them.  Some are like my Shelby and will eat other things... :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

I believe full salt is known to shorten their lifespans but they certainly are an ideal size for this tank.  I love my little group of Opae ula.

I would also suggest a Pederson's shrimp and maybe pom pom crab.  The Pederson's will be out in the open and fun to watch.  Most pom pom crabs hide a lot but not all of them.  Some are like my Shelby and will eat other things... :unsure:

Shelby will forever be a legend. 😁

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

Shelby will forever be a legend. 😁

She was certainly a very unique pom pom crab...

I think I'm afraid to name mine now because of her! :lol:

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, HookedOnAquariums said:

Idea: Mini maxi or RFA as centerpiece with pedersons shrimp hosting.

I think a nem would have to drape the edges outside the tank! :lol:

• Haha 1

I think a DC650 from Jebao would bit in there. Might blow water out of the wat though lol. Other there is mini usb pumps on amazon that pushes out like 60-70gph for I think $11. 

9 hours ago, jbb_00 said:

heater is a bit too wide , you have to fold it like a taco to get it to fit. 

🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮

Don’t they have an optional heater you can purchase with it? I thought I saw that. 

1 hour ago, SeaFurn said:

Don’t they have an optional heater you can purchase with it? I thought I saw that. 

they do , but I didn't buy it . The one I bought will work, but the longer one would work better over the round one.

4 minutes ago, MrObscura said:

Do you even need a heater between the pump and light? If anything I'd worth about it getting to warm. 

I keep my house at 68* so I will most likely need one.

13 hours ago, jbb_00 said:

heater is a bit too wide , you have to fold it like a taco to get it to fit. 

🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮🌮

I enjoy tacos 

• Like 2