Top Shelf Aquatics

B's Mini Reef Bro Utopia

jbb

6 minutes ago, HookedOnAquariums said:

By golly look at all that stocking room, I can just picture a blue tang, moorish idol, and 8 clownfish swimming in that big boy!

In all seriousness that a mean little tank. Any ideas on what youre going to do with it? You could dedicate it to a really colorful zoa

not really sure yet. just all bright colors is what I see in my mind.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jbb_00 said:

smart micro is all that I think will fit 

Go for it. That thing would be 1/2 empty daily here without an ATO I’d be tempted to make a bigger sump. 

• Like 1

Thats cool. 

I would do acros, because, well, it'd be awesome. 

Evaporation is probably going to be a Pita though. I'd probably try to fit a micro ato in there... 

Or just add a sump, you could really show up those people with sumps larger than the display by getting something crazy... Like a gallon. 😝

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, MrObscura said:

Thats cool. 

I would do acros, because, well, it'd be awesome. 

Evaporation is probably going to be a Pita though. I'd probably try to fit a micro ato in there... 

Or just add a sump, you could really show up those people with sumps larger than the display by getting something crazy... Like a gallon. 😝

40b for a sump might work . lol

• Haha 7

How about some of those opae ulna or whatever they are called super shrimp? I believe they can he acclimated to full salt and live 20 years! May have to pick coral that can't eat them though...aka no big lps mouths.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

How about some of those opae ulna or whatever they are called super shrimp? I believe they can he acclimated to full salt and live 20 years! May have to pick coral that can't eat them though...aka no big lps mouths.

will have to look them up

Oh, and while I usually prefer a blacked out background, I probably wouldn't bother with this tank. You won't be able to see the back anyway after you add like, a single coral. Lol

Seriously though, it's small so I'd just want to pack it full and be able to view it from all angles. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

smart micro is all that I think will fit 

I'd be curious to know how quick the "off" signal gets sent once it senses full level. Can anyone oblige me? I think you're in for a wet desk.

I think you'd be better off guesstimating (until you know) and setting up a slow gravity fed drip ATO.  Not as clean, but if the reservoir is up and hidden and just the airline that supplies the drips shows...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shaner014 said:

I'd be curious to know how quick the "off" signal gets sent once it senses low level. Can anyone oblige me? I think you're in for a wet desk.

I think you'd be better off guesstimating (until you know) and setting up a slow gravity fed drip ATO.  Not as clean, but if the reservoir is up and hidden and just the airline that supplies the drips shows...

I have one on my 65 that I can test out just to be safe

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

@shaner014 another option would be an IV drip bag from work, little better control than some random container and tubing. 

I was thinking a ball valve, but if you hav a peristaltic pump and don't mind the annoying "air in the line" tones. then go for it! 😉

What do you do for work? I am annoyed daily by IV pumps, though I have used work supplies to make a "Julians thing" feeder.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, shaner014 said:

I was thinking a ball valve, but if you hav a peristaltic pump and don't mind the annoying "air in the line" tones. then go for it! 😉

What do you do for work? I am annoyed daily by IV pumps, though I have used work supplies to make a "Julians thing" feeder.

I do pharmacy inspection / certification

6 minutes ago, Andreww said:

What a cutie! 

Make it special. Bouncy mushroom tank! 

If i am filling it with bounce shrooms, you need to send me some money

• Like 1

Tbh I think putting a top on it would be better than an ato. Manual top off should be easy with a pipette lol.

For livestock small inverts like small shrimps, Pom pom crabs, and things of that nature should work. For corals just be careful because of territorial issues and growth space.

Doing a frosted background might look nice, but I’m not sure if the overflow pieces would look weird with it.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, 1.0reef said:

Tbh I think putting a top on it would be better than an ato. Manual top off should be easy with a pipette lol.

For livestock small inverts like small shrimps, Pom pom crabs, and things of that nature should work. For corals just be careful because of territorial issues and growth space.

Doing a frosted background might look nice, but I’m not sure if the overflow pieces would look weird with it.

It came with a top that doubles  as the light stand and I will be using it.  

I thought about a frosted back , might pick up a small sheet to try out before making it permanent.  

@spectrabeat me to it, but I vote for a pom pom crab and a tang. Small ones of course.

If you cover it you won't need an ato, if it works like the jars we were playing with in the creative container contest. 

• Like 3