inTank Media Baskets

B's Mini Reef Bro Utopia

jbb

• 5 months later...

Few minutes late on the update but oh well. 

So the original pump died on me but I caught it soon enough to transfer all of the coral to my 65 for safe keeping. I debated on if I would set the tank back up as it requires a lot of attention and I travel a lot for work. Well I will be setting it back up with the original nano rox scape as well as a few additions.  

Also there has been a change to the overall look of the tank. I found a post on IG where someone made a canopy for it.  I sent the file to a friend and he printed up a canopy for me as well. It makes the tank look much better in my opinion. 

Here is the fts of the entire assembly, livestock will be added over the weekend. 

20190809_103103.thumb.jpg.58992bd6f382043e76360d8745da0ba8.jpg

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

So the original pump died on me but I caught it soon enough to transfer all of the coral to my 65 for safe keeping. I debated on if I would set the tank back up as it requires a lot of attention and I travel a lot for work. Well I will be setting it back up with the original nano rox scape as well as a few additions.  

Also there has been a change to the overall look of the tank. I found a post on IG where someone made a canopy for it.  I sent the file to a friend and he printed up a canopy for me as well. It makes the tank look much better in my opinion. 

Here is the fts of the entire assembly, livestock will be added over the weekend. 

It looks completely different with a canopy 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Looks so good with the canopy. 

Damnit. Now I want a canopy. 😫

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, WV Reefer said:

Looks so good with the canopy. 

Damnit. Now I want a canopy. 😫

I tried to tell you 

• Haha 2
On 2/20/2019 at 3:49 PM, jbb_00 said:

these are terrible but just a quick pic to show the magic of gel filters. I need to clean them and take proper pics but was excited to try them. 

there were no lighting adjustments made between pics. 

IMG_1479.thumb.JPG.bb0432bb7db1d5af47676130eff82def.JPG

IMG_1478.thumb.JPG.a287e5790cd18e9ab58f3fb97d68ec83.JPG

i love how everything is coming out!

i have a quick question about your zoas, so i know they tell me at my LFS to not take soft corals off the frag plate/plug they come on. what did you do for yours? because i wish i could just glue all my zoas on one rock and forget about it

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ladizzlee said:

i have a quick question about your zoas, so i know they tell me at my LFS to not take soft corals off the frag plate/plug they come on. what did you do for yours? because i wish i could just glue all my zoas on one rock and forget about it

cut them off and glue them to a rock....................... frag plugs suck....................dont listen to the LFS on that one...........

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, ladizzlee said:

I used razor blades to scrape them from the frag plug and used super glue gel to attach them to the rock . 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, jbb_00 said:

I used razor blades to scrape them from the frag plug and used super glue gel to attach them to the rock . 

omg thank you guys so much! saved my tank lol now i’ll have a lot more real estate for some nice stuff  lol

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, ladizzlee said:

omg thank you guys so much! saved my tank lol now i’ll have a lot more real estate for some nice stuff  lol

Scalpel blades work the best, and they come with most frag tool kits

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Scalpel blades work the best, and they come with most frag tool kits

Thats what I used....................till I lost it :lol: still have about 100 blades though..........

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, spectra said:

me to......................pizza was good...................:lol:

I want to see the eel in there...........................

Doing a deep sand bed and garden eels in this one

• Like 1
Just now, jbb_00 said:

Doing a deep sand bed and garden eels in this one

wait deep sand bed.....................the thing is 4'" tall as it is...........................

• Like 1