Innovative Marine Aquariums

B's Mini Reef Bro Utopia

jbb

2 minutes ago, Justind823 said:

Cute toy!

Really though this looks like a fun project. Coming along nicely!

Toy indeed

Hopefully I can keep it running for a bit. Not expecting it to be anything crazy, just having fun with it. 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

IMG_1370.thumb.JPG.1c1f0c26dc3193b018a4f2be664c4c90.JPGIMG_1369.thumb.JPG.d3fda52d7ac987ad57e2d98f3306bdbf.JPG

Got water and sand in , air bubbles still working themselves out

Why does that corner rock have a black penis growing out of it?  Nanorox must be a prankster!! 

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, jack1978 said:

Why does that corner rock have a black penis growing out of it?  Nanorox must be a prankster!! 

its just excited that jack is here.

I will eventually (this weekend) swap it out for rigid tubing when I finish the ato setup.

• Like 1

I almost think another very thin faux wall on the right side might be cool to give a little depth behind the short corner piece.    really happy with the colors.  

I may have missed it but what corals will you place in it?    and when its all set-up...can I have some good pics of it...marketing and all you know.  🙂 

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, NanoRox said:

I almost think another very thin faux wall on the right side might be cool to give a little depth behind the short corner piece.    really happy with the colors.  

I may have missed it but what corals will you place in it?    and when its all set-up...can I have some good pics of it...marketing and all you know.  🙂 

whats this wall idea ?

pics for you for sure , also any pics I end up posting here or on IG feel free to use or just ask for the originals. 

haven't 100% decided on the coral . 

zoas / palys

rics

blastos

tiny stick or two 

Those have all gone through my mind. I want to avoid anything with sweepers as that would be a disaster.

59 minutes ago, Andreww said:

Looks sooo good! What sand is that? Looks like gravel 🧐

tropic eden reef flakes

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

whats this wall idea ?

just thinking out loud really.  it may make things too cramped looking but wonder (for the future) how a magnetic (or glued) rock wall would look on the open area of the back wall?  maybe even a fake arch on the back wall.  gaaa….so many possibilities.  :-)  

one thing that would look great though...put a thin opaque diffuser on the back wall of the tank (you can purchase 1/16 inch diffused/frosted acrylic online) and then line micro LEDS on the bottom edge of the back of the tank so a colored glow/backdrop could fill across the back.  

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, shaner014 said:

Looks freaking sweet, good thing you have @NanoRox making you look good. 🤪

I think you need a finer sand for sense of scale to stay epic. 

hmmm i will look at the sand thing

just to interject, on the side...it would be really awesome if they* made something like this with a bit more capacity and with a pico reef in mind.

*creators of the MCR

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Friendly said:

just to interject, on the side...it would be really awesome if they* made something like this with a bit more capacity and with a pico reef in mind.

*creators of the MCR

Yeah something in the 2-5 gallon range would be awesome

My only concern would be the maintenance side. Lifting a larger tank off of the stand would be a disaster waiting to happen

• Like 1

so I ended up with the salt creep issue at the front 2 corners of the tank. to fix this I took a 3ml syringe with a 16 gauge plastic needle tip and ran a very small bead of silicone around the perimeter. this is easily removed should i need to access the sump area and can be reapplied in about 30 seconds. I think this will help keep from having to clean the creep daily. 

• Like 1