SaltCritters.com

B's Mini Reef Bro Utopia

jbb

4 minutes ago, Friendly said:

what if you use the silicon to create a gasket and seal it. that would stop the creep and remove the issue of having to re-caulk.

I'm not sure how to do that with the way the tank fits to the sump. the tank actually snaps into place, it doesn't just rest on top. 

is it a deep connection that fits together? if not, you could create a thick gasket of silicon or some such, that would replace the snap and let it sit safely on top?

37 minutes ago, Friendly said:

is it a deep connection that fits together? if not, you could create a thick gasket of silicon or some such, that would replace the snap and let it sit safely on top?

very tiny lip around bottom edge of tank itself 

11 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

slowly learning how to use the camera, not perfect but they are better than the last ones.

20190130_182213.jpg.b90fc35721004a169d5d858e63d73962.jpg

IMG_20190130_182602_402.jpg.a65ebb5a4e8b72975e18e160bf7a3eb1.jpg

I find it hard to photograph for some reason. I’ve yet to get a really good pic of mine. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, WV Reefer said:

I find it hard to photograph for some reason. I’ve yet to get a really good pic of mine. 

that is with a Canon t3i / 50mm lens. I know it can do WAY better than that, but I have a case of dumb when it comes to using cameras. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sancho said:

When are you ordering your juvenile tang? 

1 hour ago, DSFIRSTSLTWATER said:

I keep telling WV to get a shark 😁

1 hour ago, righttirefire said:

Im looking for a tarpoon... theyre hard to find

I don't know , I've always been a big fan of the Goliath Grouper . Such a teddy bear 💙

• Like 2
DSFIRSTSLTWATER
11 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

I don't know , I've always been a big fan of the Goliath Grouper . Such a teddy bear 💙

Hmmmm, thats a good one 😉

• Like 1

Dang thought I was drinking to much.....................got a notification WV commented on some reef bro utopia :blink: wtf I havent posted on any reef bro shit...........WTF is this some Jersey Shore episode coming to life...............

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, spectra said:

Dang thought I was drinking to much.....................got a notification WV commented on some reef bro utopia :blink: wtf I havent posted on any reef bro shit...........WTF is this some Jersey Shore episode coming to life...............

Someone might have called R2R a reef bro Utopia and I might have stole it to make a thread title .  🤷

• Haha 1
Just now, jbb_00 said:

Someone might have called R2R a reef bro Utopia and I might have stole it to make a thread title .  🤷

Well I dont go there much so..........................

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well its fixed but looks terrible. I will either need to get creative with coral placement, or replace the tank. When I was replacing the airline tubing, I broke off part of the divider where i had drilled for the retuen line. I use super glue to fix it and now it looks like poo.

IMG_1393.thumb.JPG.3f64b5e11e3a4513019a4ae28b610691.JPG 

• Sad 2
37 minutes ago, jbb_00 said:

Well its fixed but looks terrible. I will either need to get creative with coral placement, or replace the tank. When I was replacing the airline tubing, I broke off part of the divider where i had drilled for the retuen line. I use super glue to fix it and now it looks like poo.

IMG_1393.thumb.JPG.3f64b5e11e3a4513019a4ae28b610691.JPG 

what if you just reverse the nanorox and put the tall piece on the other side? 

• Like 3