Innovative Marine Aquariums

Closed Top System

zak.payne

I'm looking for the "best" closed top system out there, preferably AIO. I need something to keep pets out, so I think the closed top is the way to go. I've looked at the Biocube, with the option to retrofit the lights if need be, but I'd like to find one out there with lights sufficient for most LPS corals. 

Well biocube is a good way to go tons of mods that have already been done their lights can keep most lps and nanobox makes good kit for future upgrades. Closed system keeps evap way down but if you dont climate control your house 24/7 heat can become an issue. I am confused on the pests you want to keep out ?

Well that's an easy fix get rid of the cats and get a dog.... 😋.  Honestly for the price I love my biocube.. good tank only bitch is the curved front glass is a little annoying to clean...

Ok so at least we are on the same page.  What's the concern with not going with the biocube? I think jbj makes a closed cube too. Also check out the aio section on here there is a lot of good info with threads dedicated to this or that system.  

43 minutes ago, zak.payne said:

Well, it's the girlfriend's cat, so it's a little harder to get rid of 😛 I'm the one with the dog, so we are know who is the more sane person...

Some would say just get rid of the girlfriend... 

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, Weikel said:

Ok so at least we are on the same page.  What's the concern with not going with the biocube? I think jbj makes a closed cube too. Also check out the aio section on here there is a lot of good info with threads dedicated to this or that system.  

I don't have any concerns, I was more curious if there were other closed top systems that were on the market. I really only ever hear of Biocube, so that's the one I referenced.