Cultivated Reef

How am I looking guys???

ThatReefGuy718

Only thing I'd worry about is having enough room to clean the glass around the rock work.. can be a pain if the rocks are too tight to the glass. Otherwise looks good!

• Like 1
ThatReefGuy718

Yeeeeaaa i just relized that Im assuming it still needs to still cycle right?? Even thoe all my water parameters are all dead on I used live sand and live rock.

40 minutes ago, ThatReefGuy718 said:

Yeeeeaaa i just relized that Im assuming it still needs to still cycle right?? Even thoe all my water parameters are all dead on I used live sand and live rock.

Depends on the liverock you got. If its cured liverock, possibly no cycle, regular liverock, cycle will start on it's own, dry rock will need ammonia dosing.

Rockwork is cool just ensure you have enough room to clean, get good flow with your powerhead, and room for corals.

What lighting are you using?

ThatReefGuy718

I am using the 14k led light that comes with the fluval evo i will be upgrading it shortly befor coral. Is that ok to do?? Also yes the live rock was fully cured.

9 minutes ago, ThatReefGuy718 said:

20181111_202356.jpg

20181111_202350.jpg

Fully cured liverock is already cycled rock. Possible for a small spike but not common. 

The lighting is fine for softies and lps. It's a limited light but does work. 

When you upgrade you will just need to acclimate it.

What are you planning on getting?

5 minutes ago, ThatReefGuy718 said:

What do you suggest?? Also how would you acclimate it??

You acclimate coral to high power LED lighting by just starting at a lower intensity and bumping it up in small increments.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, ThatReefGuy718 said:

it will need to cycle. mine took 5 weeks, so you might be in for a bit of a wait!

3 minutes ago, ThatReefGuy718 said:

So if I used cured live rock and live sand and all my levels are fine can I had fish?? The tank has been setup for 2 days 

nope. needs to cycle. test regularly, and when ammonia peaks, then drops to zero, the tank will be very nearly cycled. wait another week or two just to be sure.

5 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Fully cured liverock is already cycled rock. Possible for a small spike but not common. 

The lighting is fine for softies and lps. It's a limited light but does work. 

When you upgrade you will just need to acclimate it.

What are you planning on getting?

haha who needs sps?! lps is the best!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ThatReefGuy718 said:

So if I used cured live rock and live sand and all my levels are fine can I had fish?? The tank has been setup for 2 days 

It's only been 2 days. Even with cured liverock you should monitor for a week or so to ensure there are no spikes.

1 hour ago, BlennyBoi said:

it will need to cycle. mine took 5 weeks, so you might be in for a bit of a wait!

Not if its cured liverock  the OP used.

5 hours ago, ThatReefGuy718 said:

Ok so I took about a pound out and re scaped it I feel this looks and will be better for coral what do you think??

20181111_213642.jpg

You may want to bring some of the rock to the front of the tank to give it some depth...id take that piece on the top left rotate it 90 and let the front sit on the sand bed and the back end supported by the by the rock in the back of the tank. 

5 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

It's only been 2 days. Even with cured liverock you should monitor for a week or so to ensure there are no spikes.

Not if its cured liverock  the OP used.

Add some ammonia and test for a few days to confirm. 

• Like 1

With the exception of the piece in the bottom left corner It doesn't look like fully cured live rock. I'd definitely be adding an ammonia source to test the bacteria capability before adding any sort of livestock. If your system is ready your looking at a 48 hour wait maximum, but if it isn't then you've saved yourself a lot of issues by testing it first.