SaltCritters.com

Live Aquaria Professional Reef Salt

specore

I have been using this salt mix for the last 6 months or so. I have used 2 buckets, and I am now working on the Box.

It disolves very quickly with No nasty residue left behind in my brute can.

At 1.026  - Alk is 9.0 , Calcium is 400 , and Mag is 1350.   Only complaint is the Box contains 1 big bag , not 4 smaller bags like Fritz does.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, shaneandjohn said:

I have been using this salt mix for the last 6 months or so. I have used 2 buckets, and I am now working on the Box.

It disolves very quickly with No nasty residue left behind in my brute can.

At 1.026  - Alk is 9.0 , Calcium is 400 , and Mag is 1350.   Only complaint is the Box contains 1 big bag , not 4 smaller bags like Fritz does.

My fritz has 1 big bag, the 4 bag version costs $10 more. 😞

1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

You get it on amazon? 

Nah, LFS cuz its $45 a box or $40 group buy but on premium aquatics they charge $10 more for the 4 bags vs 1 bag. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

Only 44 minutes of internal debate?!? 

Yep.  That's about 44 minutes more impulse control than I usually have 🙂

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I switched to it from Reef Crystals. It mixes really well. Just be sure to test for salinity after 100% clear, sounds common sense but...

I haven’t tested it but everything looks hapoy in my tank. I started with the small bag to test it and will probably get the bucket.

1 minute ago, Sancho said:

Still wondering who makes it? That’s a hell of a deal but if it’s just repackaged reef crystals....meh....also wondering who actually makes Fritz

Yea some people on r2r suggested it may be repackaged fritz. But even if it was RC I would’ve bought at this price. Been using H-W but this year BRS isn’t running a very good promotion on it so I’ve been considering switching anyways.

Some people say it dissolved into clear water quickly so that makes me think it may not be RC.

• Like 1

I just did the Pre - Black Friday Live Aquaria sale and the poor delivery guy dropped 5 boxes 📦 at the house. Couldnt pass up the price, cause I know Iwill need it. 

Honestly, I have been Very happy with how consistent and clean this salt mix is! 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, shaneandjohn said:

I just did the Pre - Black Friday Live Aquaria sale and the poor delivery guy dropped 5 boxes 📦 at the house. Couldnt pass up the price, cause I know Iwill need it. 

Honestly, I have been Very happy with how consistent and clean this salt mix is! 

Glad another person is happy with it. I was a bit worried when I pulled the trigger but I couldn’t pass up on the good deal. 

Ive been using Fritz. Link to where you read that these two salts are the same? 

24 minutes ago, dandelion said:

Yea some people on r2r suggested it may be repackaged fritz. But even if it was RC I would’ve bought at this price. Been using H-W but this year BRS isn’t running a very good promotion on it so I’ve been considering switching anyways.

Some people say it dissolved into clear water quickly so that makes me think it may not be RC.

Link to R2R thread comparing this to Fritz? 

31 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

Ive been using Fritz. Link to where you read that these two salts are the same? 

Link to R2R thread comparing this to Fritz? 

LiveAquaria Salt - Any Numbers Yet?

google liveaquaria salt you’ll see a few people claiming it to be rebranded fritz. No conclusion of course but it seems people like it in general. Liveaquaria is a pretty good brand after all. 

Uf if you’re pulling the trigger buy it on drs foster and smith. They have a $50 GC for $125 purchase. 4 boxes took care of that.