Innovative Marine Aquariums

REEFSMART HOLIDAY GIVEAWAY!!! + 10% off coupon

ReefSmart

Hello everyone!

We are so glad to be a sponsor here at Nano-reef. We are offering a free giveaway to spread some early holiday cheer! If you are keeping SPS or other encrusting corals then have a look at the Reefsmart.com aquadomes. Reefsmart is offering 5 packs of Aquadomes for free to the nano-reef community! All you have to do is comment below and tell us what coral you plan to grow on them or a friendly hello will suffice. For each 50 people who comment, we will be giving away 1 pack up to 5 total. The deadline will be january 1st. 

IMG_1110.thumb.jpg.646b798a1d55863eb6747bb099feda9e.jpg

Dont forget to take a look at the PICOPRO as well at REEFSMART.com! We are offering a 10% OFF COUPON for the first 10 users who preorder Use coupon code: nano-reef at check out! This is in addition to the current 20% discount.

7583857280_IMG_9971.thumb.jpg.3e9cd6885c36bf20e59360e0b956167b.jpg

IMG_1119.thumb.JPG.c1a8636c4cd57118b4ad06a94b342bf3.JPG

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Kellie in CA said:

Maybe I'm missing it, but what exactly comes with the PicoPro?  It's very nice looking, is there any filtration included? Heater?

Hello thanks for the inquiry! The Picopro includes the lighting, controller and power supply. The jar is also available on the purchase page. We Haven't found any need for additional filters or heaters (we keep it at room temp) but they could certainly be added if you desired. A weekly 100% water change provides all the maintenance and  nutrient export so there really is no reason to add a filter unless you wanted to try and do fewer water changes.

As far as flow we left that up to customer because it could be achieved with either a small air pump of 2-3watts or a pump with an airline attached for a higher flow system. We have had great results with just the small air pump it does provide a good amount of water movement in the jar.

That pico is really nice looking. What colors of LED's are under there? What is the controller like? 

I'd try out these aquadomes, they look like they might stay in place in my BB tank. 

• Like 2
MainelyReefer

No included circulation, or heat.  No description of the “controller” which wouldn’t have anything but lights to control?  Plan falls flat on its face.  

5 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

No included circulation, or heat.  No description of the “controller” which wouldn’t have anything but lights to control?  Plan falls flat on its face.  

Thanks for your feedback we do need to add some pictures and description of the controller. Im not aware of any AIOs that include heaters we will look into it further and see if its something we can do.

5 hours ago, Tamberav said:

That pico is really nice looking. What colors of LED's are under there? What is the controller like? 

I'd try out these aquadomes, they look like they might stay in place in my BB tank. 

Hi the aquadomes do work well you will be entered into the drawing:). The LEDS are blue 450-455, blue 425-430, cool white and warm white. There are 2 channels one which is more 10k and the second channel is entirely 430-450. We did a spectral analysis that I will also post to the site soon. The controller is a 2 knob manual dimmer set it once and your done.

IMG_0359.JPG

• Like 2

I have no dog in this fight, but I have seen the PICOPRO prototype in person and the set-up is awesome. What makes this jar unique is the custom made LED light / lid combo. The LED array is built into the jar lid and is fully adjustable. Furthermore, the LED's are  covered/protected with a light diffuser which honestly does a pretty good job distributing and blending the light colors (and doubling to prevent evaporation). Additionally, because it's a lid it prevents unnecessary light spillage and causes the whole jar to glow. The pictures are not a just a marketing setup, the tank has been set-up for awhile now (I saw it in early July when it wasn't intended to be sold) and the same corals in the picture were thriving (the Hawkin's and blasto colonies were awesome (also the tank was keeping a dendros successfully)). I'm not sure what the final filtration set-up is but when I saw it there was just an airline hose that was providing  plenty of flow and a bag of chemipure (I think) thrown in, I don't think there was even a heater. Again, I have no connection with this product, nor was asked to say anything, but having seen it in person and being really impressed by it, I felt the need to give my thought, however, little they may be worth. 

• Like 3
Christopher Marks
On 11/15/2018 at 8:50 AM, Cannedfish said:

I have no dog in this fight, but I have seen the PICOPRO prototype in person and the set-up is awesome. What makes this jar unique is the custom made LED light / lid combo. The LED array is built into the jar lid and is fully adjustable. Furthermore, the LED's are  covered/protected with a light diffuser which honestly does a pretty good job distributing and blending the light colors (and doubling to prevent evaporation). Additionally, because it's a lid it prevents unnecessary light spillage and causes the whole jar to glow. The pictures are not a just a marketing setup, the tank has been set-up for awhile now (I saw it in early July when it wasn't intended to be sold) and the same corals in the picture were thriving (the Hawkin's and blasto colonies were awesome (also the tank was keeping a dendros successfully)). I'm not sure what the final filtration set-up is but when I saw it there was just an airline hose that was providing  plenty of flow and a bag of chemipure (I think) thrown in, I don't think there was even a heater. Again, I have no connection with this product, nor was asked to say anything, but having seen it in person and being really impressed by it, I felt the need to give my thought, however, little they may be worth. 

Now that's a testimonial!

I've been considering setting up a pico reef jar for quite some time now, but I haven't been satisfied with any lighting solutions for my space. Our Creative Container Contest had some good ideas with desklamps, but it also showed some pitfalls with using PAR bulbs to light jars, and difficulty getting the right amount of light. ReefSmart's PicoPro really caught my eye as an ideal all-in-one solution as both lid and light, I'm personally looking forward to learning more about it.

On 11/10/2018 at 9:14 AM, ReefSmart said:

The LEDS are blue 450-455, blue 425-430, cool white and warm white. There are 2 channels one which is more 10k and the second channel is entirely 430-450. We did a spectral analysis that I will also post to the site soon. The controller is a 2 knob manual dimmer set it once and your done.

IMG_0359.JPG

This seems perfect, nice and simple! 

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions