Cultivated Reef

Tunze ATO nano

hawkingcolorado

hawkingcolorado

Purchased a Tuze osmolator nano ATO from Aqua Cave  about 3 weeks ago. It failed after only a week. Tunze customer service would only offer to trouble shoot and repair it , not replace the pump or anything.  Seems like they could at least send a new one while I ship the broken one. Anyway, it's headed to the garbage, and I'll try a Smart ATO micro. 

roll_the_dice

Did you try to talk to Aqua Cave?  I always talk to who I bought it from first.  Sometimes I don't...but it usually is best to contact the selling store.

I recently bought a JBJ Nanoglo as my fuge light.  It failed after 2 weeks...I contacted JBJ...they still haven't replied.  I then contacted Premium Aquatics where I bought it and they tried trouble shooting it, but it was still messing up...so I returned it for credit and bought a different light (IM ChaetoMax) that is working perfectly.  PA took care of me and will get future business for that reason!

I had read stories of the Tunze nano ATO failing...so I bought the full version of the Tunze ATO (3155) and it works flawlessly.  I got lucky and found a used one  for the price of the nano with an extra pump.

Long story short before you throw it away contact Aqua Cave.

roll_the_dice

Let us know...because to me that makes a good internet store.  If you buy a different one, I would still get the Tunze repaired (as long as it's free) and keep it as a backup or sell it to recoup some of your money.  Good luck.

hawkingcolorado

Aquacave was surprised Tunze wouldn't just send a replacement, or just a replacement pump at least ( $23 on Amazon). My thinking is you buy an ATO expecting it to work as advertised. When it fails in a week, you should be sent a replacement "pronto". Then you send them the defective one to deal with as they want.

• Like 1
roll_the_dice

I agree, but hardly anyone does that anymore.  I had to send my defective nanoglo back before I could get a new one, but I did change lights with a price difference.

From their side the problem is so many never return the "bad" unit.  And taking a CC in case isn't exactly legal. 

If it truly is the pump Tunze would send that out as a fix.  But that all may depend on how deep you troubleshot it with Roger. 

You can test the pump with a 9 Volt battery.  If it spins the pump is still good.  If not then it is another issue.

It plugs in and is shipped a lot anything can happen even with the Taiwan made AutoAqua  Or it could be a small user error.  Tunze tests every pump in water before sending out but you never even gave them a chance to help.