Pod Your Reef

Dr. Tims One & Only Saltwater Live Nitrifying Bacteria????

ThatReefGuy718

ThatReefGuy718

So I'm going to be setting up my fluval 13.5 here within the next few days. I wanted to get some feed back on the best way to cycle this tank. I have been doing some research on this Dr. Tims One & Only Saltwater Live Nitrifying Bacteria have any of you used this product?? How did it work and if not recommended what is the best way to set this tank up and cycle it?? Thank you all so much for your time and help.

dr tims.png

• 2 weeks later...

Bio-Spira works much better but use dr Tim’s ammonia drops with it (just my opinion) 

Biospira had my tank (with NO live rock what so ever) converting 2ppm ammonia in about 2 days... then about 2 days later my nitrite shot up to around 5-7ppm for about 2 days and then everything was 0’s after that (except nitrAtes).... I waited 2 weeks total... ended with about 60-80ppm nitrate... did my water change on day 14 (do 100% or as close to as you can) and I’ve had no issues... I have 2 clowns, and several types of snails... just waiting to add our next fish from QT....

but I have had no spikes in anything.... 

0 ammonia

0 nitries

0 nitrAtes

ans very very close to 0 phosphates and I run floss, purigen, and chemipure elite in an InTank basket....

i was trying to grow macro algae but quite because it wasn’t growing (and making more of a mess lol) because I had nothing to feed it... 

so IMO (I’ve userd the freshwater version several times and it works but not as good as TSS and TSS is the successor for salt water from biospira....)

So having a positive experience with biospira that’s what I would recommend...