inTank Media Baskets

In TanK Media basket worth it?

wmjr

Are the media baskets worth it for a Biocube? Been running the stock cartridges and replacing every 3 weeks or so, and running purigen and chemi pure elite in chamber 2, beside an aquatic life 115 skimmer. Water levels changing are a pain, but easily adjusted by raising or lowering the cartridge and top offs. How well do the media baskets work and any flow problems?

I have both the media rack and fuge basket in mine, I'm running floss, purigen and chempure elite on the rack and chaeto with a few chunks of live rock in the fuge basket. Works great and doesn't seem to impede flow at all. IMO it is worth it, the intank product is way more stable than the stock piece too. 

So the stock tray is weird . For one there is no way to get the flow to go evenly over the stock pads, and you really have no idea how much flow is going through your media bc of the way it trickles though the pad. With the intank basket 99 percent of your flow will go through the basket making sure you get great flow through your media so it can do its thing.. on my biocube you should see how clean my second and third chamber are . It's awesome ! I contribute that to the intank media basket and their floss.. 

With all that said the damn things are pricey, but well made and worth it imo.. 

• Like 1

Have never had a Biocube but have loved the inTank media baskets I had for my old Nanocube and current IM Nuvo.  Also not understanding the water level issue...it shouldn't only be changing in the return chamber where you normally wouldn't have equipment outside of the pump.  

I've not owned an intank media basket but I can't imagine not using a media basket.

I use the IM baskets and Diy baskets...they make life so easy for AIO owners.

I have a Biocube 32 and just got the inTank media . I use the InTank floss as well and just run carbon and my water does look clearer .Change the floss every 3 days  and the floss is deffinatly dirtier then when I was just using  the stock media tray and  inTank floss.  

36 minutes ago, tofer said:

I have a Biocube 32 and just got the inTank media . I use the InTank floss as well and just run carbon and my water does look clearer .Change the floss every 3 days  and the floss is deffinatly dirtier then when I was just using  the stock media tray and  inTank floss.  

That too...the inTank floss is badass.  Best stufff ever!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Sancho said:

Don’t have a media basket....but that floss helps keep my water wet. 

Wet water is essential for a successful reef. The wetter the better. 

• Like 1

:wub:

The Media Basket will pay for itself by not using those junk overpriced cartridges, think printer ink.  I believe we answered your email yesterday AM so let us know if you have any further questions.

10 hours ago, HarryPotter said:

I have a "case" on the way to me..... 70 sheets. Agreed 😍

Holy crap!  I got just enough to hit free shipping and still nearly filled a kitchen garbage bag.  

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Media basket, yes!  Fuge... not so much.  I know many have had success with it, but it doesn't seem to work too well for me.  I'm going to hang a refugium in back and move the led grow light onto that.  The remaining room in chamber may see my hydor slim skim moved into it or just live rock rubble.  

Regard to media basket, be careful how much media you put in there.  I noticed mine restricted water flow out of the media basket which in turn causes the water levels in back chamber to lower and display to rise causing a little overflow and salt creep on outside glass.  

While I don’t have a aio I do have the intank media basket for my ac 110 and I can say it’s well made, works great and makes maintaining the filter so much easier. I just run some floss, a bag of rox carbon and about 6 marine pure cubes.